Apostles Drank Wine?

Thanks for that explanation Jasher. Yes in many Caribbean countries they have to concerve water and I know on my mission trip to Dominican Republic.... we, the mission team had to share a bucket of water and each one took just a little and if you were last ..... well. We have to thank God for all we have here in North America and not take it for granted.

Oh , I'll give you a laugh that we still laugh about to this day. There were several times when the water was shut of and it started to rain outside so we all ran out in our swim suits and the pastor who was with us just got her hair lathered with soap when it stopped raining. LOL

I went to communist China back in the mid 90's. Just arrived at the factory where I was consulting on a pipe manufacturing operation. We were outside in a courtyard and I was thirsty and saw a water spigot that people were using. I went to get a drink and was quickly pushed away. I didn't know that none of the water over there was potable - none. People carried water in bottles. Even in the hotel they had a large thermos of hot water and green tea bags for making tea. I didn't drink any water there either. Used water very sparingly to shave etc. Fortunately you could by cans of Sprite and Coke at the motel.

After a month I too was glad to get home.

Wine - as it did have some alcohol from a light fermentation process. Nothing like the science that goes into producing Mad Dog and others today.

My experience with the drug - and yes it is a drug - is a sad tale, but part of my story. They say if you provide alcohol to 100 people only a small percentage will develop a dependency. For me it was a reliance on God that removed that from me, and I give Him all the praise. Many struggle with this issue, as in today's society drinking has become so accepted. Of course the billions in tv advertisements had something to do with that.

I know many Christians who stick firmly to the teaching not to become drunk with wine. Many do this sucessfully and never have any troubles as a result. I was unable to do that, and choose to no longer take a drink. Remember, it is the first drink that gets you drunk.

Regards,

Skratch

eph 5:18 ???

Eph 5:18 And be not drunk with wine, wherein is excess; but be filled with the Spirit;
Eph 5:19 Speaking to yourselves in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord;
Eph 5:20 Giving thanks always for all things unto God and the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ;

And don't forget that Jesus was known as a glutton and a winebibber.

Also, he turned water into wine just to keep the wedding party going!

And the guests made the comment that the best wine was saved for last.

Usually, the good wine was served first at parties like weddings, so when the guests were a little tipsy, they wouldn't notice the bad wine when it was served.

Of course, Jesus also did this to show that he is the true bridegroom (it was the bridegrooms job to make sure the wine didn't run out).

Back