1. Hello Guest! You are browsing the forums as a guest; you will have limited permissions as a guest so we advise registering to enjoy the forums fully. Remember: we are a Christian ONLY site - any user who is not Christian will not be approved. Blessings, Christian Forum Site Staff
    Dismiss Notice

Announcing The Two Witnesses

Discussion in 'Bible Study' started by pastor franszwa, Mar 26, 2013.

1. The Bible foretells a different kind of famine will come .

The prophet Amos recorded a stunning prophecy. He wrote, “The days come, says the Lord God, that I will send a famine in the land, not a famine of bread, nor a thirst for water, but of hearing the words of the Lord ” (
    8:11). How do the masses react? “They shall wander from sea to sea, and from the north even to the east, they shall run to seek the word of the Lord, and shall not find it(vs. 12). This will be a shocking moment for frantic millions who can no longer hear what God has been declaring through His Witnesses . The verse implies these vast millions will have grown accustomed to hearing God’s Word. Do not miss this! Once God’s open door to His word is closed, the famine of hearing God’s Word will suddenly settle over all nations. The fulfillment of Matthew 24:14 and Ezekiel 33:7-9 will be finished!

Jesus’ admonition is: “Watch you therefore, and pray always, that you may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man” (Luke 21:36). The phrase “all these things” means all end-time events—those just before Christ’s Return. Remember, Jesus said, “As a snare shall it [these things] come on all them that dwell on the face of the whole earth” (vs. 35). But God’s purpose is that some be spared—that they escape—global calamity.

The Two Witnesses arrive

The Bible foretells the coming of two special servants just before the outset of the Great Tribulation—who wield tremendous—unprecedented—POWER. Revelation 11 says, “I will give power unto My two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore [1,260] days, clothed in sackcloth” (vs. 3). These men can cause droughts and plagues, turn waters to blood, and breathe fire on any who try to kill them.

Guided by and imbued in a special way with God’s Spirit, they will contend in Jerusalem with the Beast, the False Prophet, and all under their sway. Surrounded by hostile forces, but working directly with Christ (Zech. 4:14), these “prophets” (Rev. 11:10) will powerfully repeat God’s warning to a deceived world

2. Welcome Pastor franszwa. It is wonderful to have you present here with us. I look forward to reading your comments and expect to learn from them.

May I ask some question of you?

Do you believe that the 2 witnesses are real, literal people?

Do you believe that they are converted Jews?

Do you think their ministry will be in the 1st 1260 days of the Tribulation or the last 1260 days?

3. Many years ago the Catholic Church made it against the law for anyone but clergy to have scriptures. I forget where you can find that history. I think the SDA have that Info.

4. I think that Seventh-day Baptists promoted this idea long before (more than 200 years) there were any SDAs, Judaic. But I'm not seeing how your post links with the pastor's: can you explain, please?

5. “The days come, says the Lord God, that I will send a famine in the land, not a famine of bread, nor a thirst for water, but of hearing the words of the Lord The Catholic's took scriptures out of the hands of the people.

6. Ummm...I gotta tell ya: we like strong verifiable evidence for strong claims like that.
    Can you give us some links, evidences, historical accounts to that effect?

7. Here is a link with documents: http://www.aloha.net/~mikesch/banned.htm

Rusty likes this.