Anamchara (soul Friend)

I'm new in my church so haven't got to involved yet. I have people I talk to but atm no one I would say is someone I go to for accountability per say.

Hey Lance, apologies I should have elaborated a little more. I think it's great you have the awareness of the Spirit to feel that sense of the requirement of being accountable as you'd see in the Word, every single notable individual in the NT was accountable to someone or other so a real spirit lead thought. Personally I am accountable to the Elder Christians in my assembly as well as some real close, very experienced Christian I keep in contact with. The accountable part sounds a bit strong, it's more like having mother and fathers who will love you enough to be honest and keep your mind on the right track. There's one or two who would kick my backside half way around the moon if it meant loving me and they've came through for me more than once....

Hey Lance, apologies I should have elaborated a little more. I think it's great you have the awareness of the Spirit to feel that sense of the requirement of being accountable as you'd see in the Word, every single notable individual in the NT was accountable to someone or other so a real spirit lead thought. Personally I am accountable to the Elder Christians in my assembly as well as some real close, very experienced Christian I keep in contact with. The accountable part sounds a bit strong, it's more like having mother and fathers who will love you enough to be honest and keep your mind on the right track. There's one or two who would kick my backside half way around the moon if it meant loving me and they've came through for me more than once....

What do people mean when they say that they are accountable to someone? Is it just to have someone who listens to your problems and failures and says a prayer for you?

What do people mean when they say that they are accountable to someone? Is it just to have someone who listens to your problems and failures and says a prayer for you?

Hello Sergio, it basically means father and mother figures you can trust within your assembly or groups of friends whom you know love you and wouldn't be afraid to correct you if they saw you falter. Everyone was accountable to someone in the NT but again it sounds a little formal i admit, it's far more toward the family aspect of being a Christian, someone who will love you no matter what..

Hello Sergio, it basically means father and mother figures you can trust within your assembly or groups of friends whom you know love you and wouldn't be afraid to correct you if they saw you falter. Everyone was accountable to someone in the NT but again it sounds a little formal i admit, it's far more toward the family aspect of being a Christian, someone who will love you no matter what..

I get it. Thanks!

With email and text messaging this would be a lot easier now. Celtic christianity is big on community so it is kinda set up for it in a way. Lifetime would be a long time but like everything else God would provide someone I would think
Interesting. I wish all churches were big on community.

Here are a few books I have read
Every earthly blessing by Esther de waal and the celtic way of prayer by same author.

Listening for the heartbeat of God and Christ of the celts by j. Philip newell

Back