America And It's Relationship To The End Of The World

Discussion in 'Bible Study' started by Rusty, Feb 8, 2013.

1. Well, on the other hand, maybe the Us does figure somewhat in end time prophesy. Take a look at this :
    http://www.itwire.com/science-news/energy/56577-new-ls3-military-robot-supports-us-military early days yet, but mount a quad copter on it and a steerable fiber optic light pipe ahead of a laser where a tail should be......Show them to John and what would he report seeing?
    Rev 9:7 In appearance the locusts were like horses prepared for battle: on their heads were what looked like crowns of gold; their faces were like human faces,
    Rev 9:8 their hair like women's hair, and their teeth like lions' teeth;
    Rev 9:9 they had breastplates like breastplates of iron, and the noise of their wings was like the noise of many chariots with horses rushing into battle.
    Rev 9:10 They have tails and stings like scorpions, and their power to hurt people for five months is in their tails.
    Jest joking....or am I?

Major likes this.
  2. Still, that's the deal, - I find it incomprehensible, how a man from 100 years ago would view today, never mind 2000. It's amazing how fast the world has changed in the last 10 years. We grow more technology dependant every day. Sighs

3. Silk.......when we read the "Eagle" in Revelation, it is at the mid point when the A/C claims to be God.

It is at that point that the Jews realize what if going on and the Scriptures say that they "Flee as if on the wings of an Eagle".

That does not mean a referance to the USA but instead means the "speed of how they flee Jerusalem to escape the wrath of the A/C"

Think back 2000 years to John when he wrote the Rev. The fastest thing he could use to explain what he saw was an EAGLE.

4. LOL............I agree completely my brother! Maybe even 251 points!

5. Read Daniel chapter 12 my friend. "Knowledge shall increase to those who are wise".

6. The key to this IMO are the words........"Looked like"; "Like"; "Was like".

Seems like John was not able to describe what he saw.

IF....he was able to see what was going to happen today but had to write it in his own words of 2000 years ago, he would have to use the things he KNEW about in his day.

Something to consider I think.

7. You had to pick my worst post. (arggghh). Ok I give up on eagle prophecies (grin) but don't think I'm not gonna tell ya, "I told you so." when the Jews all flee from the wrath on US Air to the US of A. Just saying

8. And here is the differance in me, I wont argue your thought................You may just be right. I do not know!

Exodus 19:4
    "Ye have seen what I did unto the Egyptians and how I bare you on "eagles wings" and brought you to myself".

They came out of Egypt because God brought them out.

9. Aw Major, you knew I was jest joshing, don't cha?

10. (>waiting for the EMP from solar flares to fix technology dependency<)

11. Good...let's quit the eagle thing! :love:

OK...in a nutshell:

OT nations named (Babylon etc.) were types of invaders and enslavers of the Hebrew nation, God's designated people at the time. The enemies were literal.

NT names of ancient enemies (that no longer racially or nationally exist) are anti-types of invaders and enslavers of the mind and heart of God's designated born again people today. These are real enemies, both human and fallen angels, but they come from no particular geographic place.

12. Sorry no....Americans once called themselves that. The world is importing mostly corn and corn syrup and wheat from America, but around the world other nations are beating them out in food exports, not just China and Russia.

The American myth that "the world is on our shoulders" is an old post WWII idea not based on current facts.

The world is much more interdependent than apparently most Americans like. See what you import :http://www.ers.usda.gov/media/157859/fau125_1_.pdf

I rarely get American products here, yet I get plenty of German, English, Australian, South African and Chilean products...and where I live we can get anything the market demands.

13. It's a common opinion among the evangelicals in my experience. It seems to be their explanation of "there were giants on the earth" in the pre-Flood days.

14. So what is the explanation for Genesis 6?

15. Rusty I know.......how sad! There is so much scripture that speaks against it though.
    Rom 1:20. For his invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world, in the things that have been made. So they are without excuse.
    We know little firsthand about angels, but we can have some confidence about certain aspects from observing the witness God has given us.

Then there is the creation accounts where everything breeds according to its kind. Jesus tells us though that the angels do not marry; therefore do not have little angels. Jesus also taught using this truth in creation: Matt 7:16. You will recognize them by their fruits. Are grapes gathered from thornbushes, or figs from thistles?

From what the Lord our God has revealed about Himself, we can be confident that there are no myriads of testosterone charged angels endowed with all the necessary hardware to breed with anything.
    Can an Elephant mate with a Gum tree? No. There are genetic barriers in place. There are 'Flesh' type incompatibilities.
    Paul notes and points out that there are different types of Flesh/bodies also.

As for the 'giants' before the flood, was Goliath a stowaway on the Ark? No..there have been and still are giants.
    If the genes that can produce giantism came through the flood then those genes had to be carried by one or more of the eight passengers. So if the popular misunderstanding were true, the Lord messed up badly in trying to purify the human race from angelic adulteration--contamination.

The real message of the Flood is that there is no amount of cleansing of the human race that can remove sin...... not until the Blood of Christ was shed for us. The flood was just one phase of the Lord's program of Salvation. The real polluting of the Human race occurred in the garden of Eden.

Major and Rusty say Amen and like this.
  16. Open up a new thread on this and I may participate. It's getting hard enough to stay on track here as it is!!

17. I agree with you Calvin, but think it much better if we had a separate thread on this...Will you open one?

18. Interesting topic. I'm currently researching this and am testing physical Astaroth as being modern day America. If ou decide to research this you'll find there is some controversy so I thought it would be worth testing (1 Thessalonians 5:21) but the idea alone brings up other interesting questions that lead to some very unpopular beliefs. Nonetheless, it's something that needs to be tested if we truly seek to know the truth of the matter.

As far as prophecy and the possibility that America could be Mystery Babylon, I'm going to reserve my thoughts on that. My understanding is that there is only one group of people that are going to be able to break down the mysteries of the book.

Col 1:26 Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints:

Psa 50:5 Gather my saints together unto me; those that have made a covenant with me by sacrifice.

Deu 7:6 For thou art an holy people unto the LORD thy God: the LORD thy God hath chosen thee to be a special people unto himself, above all people that are upon the face of the earth.

Psa 147:19 He sheweth his word unto Jacob, his statutes and his judgments unto Israel.
    Psa 147:20 He hath not dealt so with any nation: and as for his judgments, they have not known them. Praise ye the LORD.

We also need to be careful who we go to knowing what Revelations make clear in the second and third chapter. So I'm not just looking for anybody to help break these mysteries down for me. There are key prophecies that deal with judgement and there is only one people you can seek to get understanding on the matter. Be careful and check your sources.