1. Hello Guest! You are browsing the forums as a guest; you will have limited permissions as a guest so we advise registering to enjoy the forums fully. Remember: we are a Christian ONLY site - any user who is not Christian will not be approved. Blessings, Christian Forum Site Staff
    Dismiss Notice

America And It's Relationship To The End Of The World

Discussion in 'Bible Study' started by Rusty, Feb 8, 2013.

1. It was suggested on another thread that the demise of America (whatever that is) is the straw that breaks the camel's back and ushers in a one world government, the Antichrist, etc ,etc.

I would like to see the Christian and biblical (not politics!) reasonings that any may have that would make the entire planetary civilization collapse due to America's.....what? ....change? fall? weaknesses?

Please attempt to be polite, use Scripture and avoid pop-prophecy and political themes.

2. I think you may have missed my post from said other thread:

Rusty said:
    I understand: I have a family, as well. But I do not live in the USA. If I did, I would still use my understanding of the Lord in the same manner as I have for years.​

What makes you think that the theoretical down fall of America is pivotal to prophecy being fulfilled? Or should we make a new topic?​

Not so much pivotal-that would be giving the USA too much credit. However; the disintegration of free trade and capitalism is a stumbling block for a one world socialized government and religion. Therefore-it is more of a necessity-not because the USA is overly special.

Realistically, the USA has already been destroyed on paper, and the upcoming 'gun ban' is like the nail in the coffin for the USA because there is a multitude of outcomes possible. All which lead to the submission of the USA to 'International' Law and economics through the UN (see Agenda 21).

Does that mean once the USA is out of the picture as a sovereign nation Satan will take his place-I have no idea. It could be next month or a thousand years from now. (I personally don't think it will take that long-but who am I?)
  3. Please....I don't want to get into the gun thing again: this is a topic on Bible ideas maybe even prophecy, so lets avoid the civil aspects and talk on Bible ideas, OK?

Do you see any prophecy concerning America and the endtimes specifically underscored in the Word?
  4. I don't see any prophesy concerning the USA and the end of the world, other than that regardless of all else, the USA will not survive the destruction of the planet:D
    I do think we all need to stop looking for signs all the time.
    I recall waiting at a railway station and looking for my train to come.
    Drat!! It came in on another platform and I missed it:(
    Sorry Rusty I can't find any scripture to cover our railway system.
  5. No...I never said I did. But since I am a citizen of the the Unites States, a Christian, Military Veteran, and an observer of world events, ...you could say that it is my theory. I am not saying the USA is a "pivotal" anything when it comes to prophecy.

I was simple trying to make the point that the USA as we know it today will not exist at the fulfillment of scripture- therefore lending to the fact there is no direct link to the USA and Revelation. I believe that in the progression towards the fulfillment of scripture that the USA must be eliminated either by force of arms, political reformation, economic collapse, natural disaster or a combination of all the above before the New World Order can fully rise. It could take any amount of time and there is no timeline I can give to lend at any point of the fulfillment of prophecy. I freely admit it is pure speculation-my opinion, based on my knowledge and experience.

Then again, you could say no country will be as we know it today at the fulfillment of scripture. My point as I stated before: the USA is a stumbling block for the rise of the NWO because we have an individual Bill of Rights built into our Constitution. The NWO is all about power, control, money and collective government & religion.

It is not just about 'gun control' my point was if gun control is established by law in the USA, it could very well speed up the process through the government turning on its own people. The potential for civil war is there, we have agents in this country declaring law abiding patriots & veterans as 'terrorists' within government agencies. There are agents promoting race and class warfare. There are agents promoting economic and political collapse. There is a mass build up of people -v- the "state" animosity in our country right now.
  6. Ok...That's two "No's"....America is not mentioned or alluded to in Bible prophecy; is that what I am hearing?
  7. To my knowledge-the USA is not mentioned specifically in scripture.
  8. Well...yeah...by name...but is it symbolized in the Bible. I hear folks claiming Russia, China or Iraq as being alluded to.....why not America?
  9. That is what you are hearing.
    A lot of people claim the USA is Babylon the Great.
    Personally I don't think so..........no hanging gardens.:whistle:
  10. Yeah...I've heard that too...What about Russia, China or Iraq as being alluded to? I've heard all sorts of theories about them.
    I have many old Christian prophecy books, back to 100 years ago and then some....
  11. I would concur that "America" is not mentioned in Scripture as far as I can tell. The label "antichrist" is used only five times in the NT four of which are found in First John talking about the Gnostics and once in Second John talking about the same thing. The beast in Revelation is called the man of "lawlessness" and that title is given to him, I think, because he will be a world leader who will suddenly come upon the scene following a major and catasatrophic disaster that will plunged the entire world into chaos. It does seem strange to me that the United States doesn't seem to be mentioned. Does that indicate we no longer exist as a country at the time? Or could it indicate that our nation has been so diminished and degraded in world prestige and power that we are no longer a major player in world affairs?
  12. My BELIEF is that Dubai or China could potentially be the new Babylon, but then again-who am I?

Looking at the history of the world, and the history of the Bible: it would make sense that the Middle East-Asia- Mediterranean region would once again by the 'pivotal' real estate in prophecy.

My BELIEF as far as the USA's future is concerned is that the North American continent will be considered a "region' divided into 1-3 parts with as many "kings". Not sure if the name "United States" will survive the long haul. But at the end most will be duped into following the Antichrist under a single 'flag' of government and religion. Whilst Christians are going through tribulation and even the 'elect' get duped before the REAL KING arrives!

That's the part I get excited about; the Lord setting things straight! HALLELUJAH
  13. Three!

There is no record of the USA in the Bible.

However........I do believe that the Rapture will radically change the world view. The Rapture will remove Born again believers, and that fact IMO will alter the help that will be needed by Israel during the Tribulation Period.

The USA will then not have a desire to help Israel and that is what is seen in Scriptures. Israel surrounded and being attacked from all sides with no record of aid coming to them.

14. I personally believe that the reason the U.S. is not mentioned in end time prophecy is because we will suddenly cease to be a world power and will therefore play no significant role in end time events.

The destruction of American power is most likely to occur in three stages. The first could be an economic catastrophe that will result from our out of control debt situation. Our god is the dollar, and the Lord is going to destroy that god when the weight of our debt collapses our economy.

The second stage could occur when Russia launches its invasion of Israel (prophesied in Ezekiel 38 and 39).
    It is very possible that Russia will attack the USA so as to remove us from the ability to help Israel.

The Third would be the Rapture.

We need to remember that the the Tribulation begins with a 7 YEAR peace treaty and for there to be a peace treat, there must first be a WAR.
    With the U.S. immobilized, the Russians will then attack Israel and, according to Ezekiel, their army will be wiped out supernaturally by God on the hills of Israel (Ezekiel 39:14). The greatest power vacuum in the history of mankind will be created almost overnight. The world will be gripped by panic.

Into that vacuum will step a dynamic, charismatic European political personality who will be energized by Satan. He will begin to rally the world to his support through his brilliant proposals for world peace. The world will be mesmerized by him (Revelation 13:8).
  15. Could you define and show what you mean by "rapture" and the timing of said rapture using scripture? Thanks.

I am not a fan of the 'pre-tribulation rapture' idea.
  16. Hey Dirty....Not to be bossy, but the Rapture topic needs a whole thread....I think keep this on America and prophecy is a big enough subject as it is.
  17. Ya got one vote....Let's see what happens on the new one.

Now back on the this trail: I find it interesting that those who see America being duped into a NWO see this happening because she is weakened; why not when she is economically strong and yet biblically compromised?
  18. Oh the USA has easily been Biblically compromised for decades; I am sure we are due for judgement...

America isn't really being duped into the NWO, it's elitists are actively participating. And the people who choose not to be willfully ignorant can see it.
    Major likes this.
  19. So you are saying America NEVER was considered in the Revelation? But Russia was? How do you explain that? How come the 900 year old British Empire is not considered? Surely, since the British were instrumental in setting up the Jewish state, and America had next to zip to do with it?

I find the idea of who calls what nation a "world power" is based solely on current events, not very solidly provable by biblical exegesis.

I have Christian books of long ago who said Turkey was the world power in the Revelation; another claimed Germany was. Still another, Japan, the "kings of the East" theory.

Do we base our understand on newsreels or the moral purpose of the Revelation?