• Annihilation

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Universal Salvation/Reconciliation

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Other

Votes: 8 33.3%

• Total voters
What are you talking about?

As I SAID---the remote tribe that has never had any contact with modern men, when initial contact was made, and some communication was established, they related the Gospel message to the missionaries. They had at one time experienced a miraculous intervention of Jesus Himself. I wish I could remember the actual tribe and the missionaries who were involved.

As I SAID---the remote tribe that has never had any contact with modern men, when initial contact was made, and some communication was established, they related the Gospel message to the missionaries. They had at one time experienced a miraculous intervention of Jesus Himself. I wish I could remember the actual tribe and the missionaries who were involved.

That's an interesting story but I don't see how that changes much. Even if it did occur with one tribe, that's just one tribe.

If the judgement was today then there would probably be plenty of people that never had the opportunity.

The bible says differently. God says that no one will have an excuse. Everyone is given an opportunity or more to know God. He says also that those who have never heard of Jesus Christ He makes provision for.

Last edited:
Question: "What happens to those who have never heard about Jesus?"

Answer:
All people are accountable to God whether or not they have “heard about Him.” The Bible tells us that God has clearly revealed Himself in nature (Romans 1:20) and in the hearts of people (Ecclesiastes 3:11). The problem is that the human race is sinful; we all reject this knowledge of God and rebel against Him (Romans 1:21-23). If it were not for God's grace, we would be given over to the sinful desires of our hearts, allowing us to discover how useless and miserable life is apart from Him. He does this for those who continually reject Him (Romans 1:24-32).

In reality, it is not that some people have not heard about God. Rather, the problem is that they have rejected what they have heard and what is readily seen in nature. Deuteronomy 4:29 proclaims, “But if from there you seek the LORD your God, you will find him if you look for him with all your heart and with all your soul.” This verse teaches an important principle—everyone who truly seeks after God will find Him. If a person truly desires to know God, God will make Himself known.

The problem is “there is no one who understands, no one who seeks God” (Romans 3:11). People reject the knowledge of God that is present in nature and in their own hearts, and instead decide to worship a “god” of their own creation. It is foolish to debate the fairness of God sending someone to hell who never had the opportunity to hear the gospel of Christ. People are responsible to God for what God has already revealed to them. The Bible says that people reject this knowledge, and therefore God is just in condemning them to hell.

Instead of debating the fate of those who have never heard, we, as Christians, should be doing our best to make sure they do hear. We are called to spread the gospel throughout the nations (Matthew 28:19-20; Acts 1:8). We know people reject the knowledge of God revealed in nature, and that must motivate us to proclaim the good news of salvation through Jesus Christ. Only by accepting God’s grace through the Lord Jesus Christ can people be saved from their sins and rescued from an eternity apart from God.

If we assume that those who never hear the gospel are granted mercy from God, we will run into a terrible problem. If people who never hear the gospel are saved, it is logical that we should make sure no one ever hears the gospel. The worst thing we could do would be to share the gospel with a person and have him or her reject it. If that were to happen, he or she would be condemned. People who do not hear the gospel must be condemned, or else there is no motivation for evangelism. Why run the risk of people possibly rejecting the gospel and condemning themselves when they were previously saved because they had never heard the gospel?

Read more: http://www.gotquestions.org/never-heard.html#ixzz36wgrd8Wt

The bible says differently. God says that no one will have an excuse. Everyone is given an opportunity or more to know God. He says also that those who have never heard of Jesus Christ He makes provision for.
The Bible says that if it happened today then all would have heard? No, it doesn't day that. Maybe in the future everyone will have heard, but not now.

Answer:
All people are accountable to God whether or not they have “heard about Him.” The Bible tells us that God has clearly revealed Himself in nature (Romans 1:20) and in the hearts of people (Ecclesiastes 3:11). The problem is that the human race is sinful; we all reject this knowledge of God and rebel against Him (Romans 1:21-23). If it were not for God's grace, we would be given over to the sinful desires of our hearts, allowing us to discover how useless and miserable life is apart from Him. He does this for those who continually reject Him (Romans 1:24-32).

In reality, it is not that some people have not heard about God. Rather, the problem is that they have rejected what they have heard and what is readily seen in nature. Deuteronomy 4:29 proclaims, “But if from there you seek the LORD your God, you will find him if you look for him with all your heart and with all your soul.” This verse teaches an important principle—everyone who truly seeks after God will find Him. If a person truly desires to know God, God will make Himself known.

The problem is “there is no one who understands, no one who seeks God” (Romans 3:11). People reject the knowledge of God that is present in nature and in their own hearts, and instead decide to worship a “god” of their own creation. It is foolish to debate the fairness of God sending someone to hell who never had the opportunity to hear the gospel of Christ. People are responsible to God for what God has already revealed to them. The Bible says that people reject this knowledge, and therefore God is just in condemning them to hell.

Instead of debating the fate of those who have never heard, we, as Christians, should be doing our best to make sure they do hear. We are called to spread the gospel throughout the nations (Matthew 28:19-20; Acts 1:8). We know people reject the knowledge of God revealed in nature, and that must motivate us to proclaim the good news of salvation through Jesus Christ. Only by accepting God’s grace through the Lord Jesus Christ can people be saved from their sins and rescued from an eternity apart from God.

If we assume that those who never hear the gospel are granted mercy from God, we will run into a terrible problem. If people who never hear the gospel are saved, it is logical that we should make sure no one ever hears the gospel. The worst thing we could do would be to share the gospel with a person and have him or her reject it. If that were to happen, he or she would be condemned. People who do not hear the gospel must be condemned, or else there is no motivation for evangelism. Why run the risk of people possibly rejecting the gospel and condemning themselves when they were previously saved because they had never heard the gospel?

Again with the nature thing. City people don't see nature and how would some guy deep in Africa know that Jesus, who he's never heard of, of the Bible, which he's never heard of, died for his sins? It makes no sense. Surely you see that.

The Bible says that if it happened today then all would have heard? No, it doesn't day that. Maybe in the future everyone will have heard, but not now.

Even if Judgment Day were today, all will be held accountable for what (little or great) revelation that they do have.

Again with the nature thing. City people don't see nature and how would some guy deep in Africa know that Jesus, who he's never heard of, of the Bible, which he's never heard of, died for his sins? It makes no sense. Surely you see that.

Nature is not invisible to city-dwellers. As for the name of Jesus, the word assures us that those who have never heard will have no excuse before Him because they will have been given some measure of revelation about the Father. What they do with that they are accountable for. Millions have lived and died without ever hearing the name of Jesus---God has made provision for them.

Even if Judgment Day were today, all will be held accountable for what (little or great) revelation that they do have.

Nature is not invisible to city-dwellers. As for the name of Jesus, the word assures us that those who have never heard will have no excuse before Him because they will have been given some measure of revelation about the Father. What they do with that is accountable.

There are at least one group of people that haven't been witnessed to.

Oh, revelation about the Father? That isn't the same as salvation through Jesus, who is supposed to be the only path. If we can be saved without Jesus than I imagine lots of people will be in heaven with us! Most cultures worship a creator so I guess they're in!

There are at least one group of people that haven't been witnessed to.

I am sure there are many.

Oh, revelation about the Father? That isn't the same as salvation through Jesus, who is supposed to be the only path. If we can be saved without Jesus than I imagine lots of people will be in heaven with us! Most cultures worship a creator so I guess they're in!

God takes all that into consideration. In the meantime it is for us to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ! I am only speaking what God's word says. It is a hard thing to understand, but that is what He says.

I am sure there are many.

God takes all that into consideration. In the meantime it is for us to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ! I am only speaking what God's word says. It is a hard thing to understand, but that is what He says.

No, actually you are speaking the opposite. The Bible says that no one comes through the Father except through the Son and you're saying that God makes exceptions, which I've seen no where in the Bible.

Answer:

I agree with this. Making too many assumptions about whether or not people who haven't heard the Gospel can still be saved, promotes and unwillingness to evangelize, or at least an urgency to. I find that almost any theory ends up promoting something negative. Some parents have been prompted out of a desperate fear of Hellfire to actually murder their own kids so that they will be ensured of heaven. I just feel like when someone who has strong faith and rational thinking can end up doing something as heinous as killing one's own children there is a problem. But then, without Hell, you loose the urgency to do good and be faithful. That's why I say we should have a "healthy" fear of hell. Recognizing it is a there for people who are wicked and/or knowingly reject God, but that are ultimate goal is to bring people to the glory of God and out of fear.

I agree with this. Making too many assumptions about whether or not people who haven't heard the Gospel can still be saved, promotes and unwillingness to evangelize, or at least an urgency to. I find that almost any theory ends up promoting something negative. Some parents have been prompted out of a desperate fear of Hellfire to actually murder their own kids so that they will be ensured of heaven. I just feel like when someone who has strong faith and rational thinking can end up doing something as heinous as killing one's own children there is a problem. But then, without Hell, you loose the urgency to do good and be faithful. That's why I say we should have a "healthy" fear of hell. Recognizing it is a there for people who are wicked and/or knowingly reject God, but that are ultimate goal is to bring people to the glory of God and out of fear.
I think that the love of Jesus should be what makes us spread the word rather than fear. This is an argument against conditional immortality, actually. Not that it makes sense since Annihilation actually seems worse to me.

What drives Christians if it isn't love? I know that when I talk to others about Christ I do so so that they can understand Jesus loves them. Fear fades over time and I don't think people who come to Christ through that really get it. If a thief doesn't steal because he's afraid of the consequences then he's still a thief. We have to want to live a life following Jesus because that's what we want to do, not because of the consequences if we don't.

Sorry... you think it's man's doing about preaching the gospel to all the world before the end comes, when in reality it's an angel that does it:

Rev 14:6-7 KJV And I saw another angel fly in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting gospel to preach unto them that dwell on the earth, and to every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people, Saying with a loud voice, Fear God, and give glory to him; for the hour of his judgment is come: and worship him that made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters.

No, actually you are speaking the opposite. The Bible says that no one comes through the Father except through the Son and you're saying that God makes exceptions, which I've seen no where in the Bible.

These are hard things to reconcile in our minds---no doubt about that.

Romans 1:19-20 (NLT)
They know the truth about God because he has made it obvious to them. 20 For ever since the world was created, people have seen the earth and sky. Through everything God made, they can clearly see his invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature. So they have no excuse for not knowing God.

There is still no way to the Father except through His Son, Jesus Christ. Every single person born since the beginning of time before Christ came will have to stand before the good, just and fair Judge and give account for the revelation they did have. I trust the Lord will deal well with everyone.

That said, no one gets a free pass. Everyone has broken God's laws. Everyone is a sinner. Everyone deserves condemnation outside of Christ. And God is fair. God also says that He has placed us in geographical areas and in particular times in history by His own plan.

Acts 17:26 (GW)
From one man he has made every nation of humanity to live all over the earth. He has given them the seasons of the year and the boundaries within which to live.

We live here in this part of the word and at this time in all of history by God's individual plan for us. We are blessed and most fortunate to have been chosen BY HIM to live at a time and in a place where the gospel is readily heard. That makes us carriers of a great responsibility---to spread the message of Jesus Christ to everyone.

Last edited:
well, I didn't read through all your posts.

so pardon me if you already said it

but what do you mean that no one will stand before God and be able to say " I never knew"

because as you know, for centuries, there are many places that Christianity is not wide spread, hence most would definitely not heard of it.

China is one example I think of.
For crying out loud......If you had read one of Euphemia's posts on this page you would not ask that. How rude not to, after all the effort she put in!

That is a famous myth devised by Christians to argue the point of what IF people never get to know Jesus or see a bible.

There are better way of handling this line of thought than to lie.

That is a famous myth devised by Christians to argue the point of what IF people never get to know Jesus or see a bible.

There are better way of handling this line of thought than to lie.
Agreed. But in her defense, post #326 explains it properly.

Agreed. But in her defense, post #326 explains it properly.
Agreed we need to let people know and not with ramming it down their throats.

That's not following the Second Command.

I know people have zeal for the good news, we just have to temper it with fact to get it out correctly.

Back