Advent thoughts

Not wanting to set up in competition with the excellent ‘25 days of Christmas ‘ l also have produced an advent calendar
You can’t get enough chocolate at Christmas…
Well you can if you’re diabetic
Hence these little sweet meats
Shared with you

1701420096394.png
1701420133296.png

This is so beautiful @Alan Heeley. I too am a diabetic (type2). I am one of the lucky ones because although I am on medication... I pretty much am a good cook and I eat relatively healthy. My sweet tooth seems to have vanished years ago. I am a salty girl now which is just as bad. I love the crunch of potato chips with a sandwich. Anyways... This offereing of yours is way BETTER than anything chocolate. Looking forward to taking this Advent journey with you.

And YES.... this mother... this young girl... that was pregnant out of wed-lock yet NOT in sin. I have tried to think about this many times over the years... without any success other than wild speculation. I imagine she would have been scared... excited... nervous... filled with great anticipation... ( all the emotions a new mother feels before... during and after giving birth ).

And this is where I am going to begin my journey... with Mary and Joseph. A very good place to begin.

Back