Advent thought day 7

Honestly... Alan... Your thoughts absolutely DELIGHT my soul. I feel like I am opening a Christmas present everytime I see a new Advent thought.

I have taken up early morning cold weather walking.. and when I say early morning... I am out of the house by about 5 am (ish). This morning it is lightly snowing and OH my goodness.. it's mild enough to do my full walk of approx 2.5 miles (round trip). I love looking at the stars... and I find them ironically more brilliant in the cold weather. Not sure if there is a science to that or it's just me. HA. Anyways... all that to say that winter walking when it's dark out is my FAVORITE.

As I walk this morning... I am going to meditate on God and His sketch book of BEAUTY. To think that these things were created for us to enjoy and be in AWE of Him.

As for God's plan for me... I try to live my life with WORSHIP and THANKSGIVING. I often approach God with the question of Is this enough? and it seems to me that scripture tells us that GOD DELIGHTS in our PRAISES.

Last edited:
Honestly... Alan... Your thoughts absolutely DELIGHT my soul. I feel like I am opening a Christmas present everytime I see a new Advent thought.

I have taken up early morning cold weather walking.. and when I say early morning... I am out of the house by about 5 am (ish). This morning it is lightly snowing and OH my goodness.. it's mild enough to do my full walk of approx 2.5 miles (round trip). I love looking at the stars... and I find them ironically more brilliant in the cold weather. Not sure if there is a science to that or it's just me. HA. Anyways... all that to say that winter walking when it's dark out is my FAVORITE.

As I walk this morning... I am going to meditate on God and His sketch book of BEAUTY. To think that these things were created for us to enjoy and be in AWE of Him.

As for God's plan for me... I try to live my life with WORSHIP and THANKSGIVING. I often approach God with the question of Is this enough? and it seems to me that scripture tells us that GOD DELIGHTS in our PRAISES.
Isn’t it exciting to think that you are looking up at the same stars on your walk as I see in North Wales
The photo was taken from my bedroom window this time last year✨

Isn’t it exciting to think that you are looking up at the same stars on your walk as I see in North Wales
The photo was taken from my bedroom window this time last year✨
Sometimes I try to peg down my favorite THING about God...the game never lasts long as I just give up because I can't PICK. One thought just leads to another about how WONDERFUL and BEAUTIFUL God is. It blows my mind. I don't think enough Christians approach Almighty God in this REVERENT way. I believe it's a gift... I know the JOY I have was hand delivered... and I know the child-like wonder I have when it comes to God's attributes is a gift. I am so BLESSED... I can barely contain the reality of it all. To think that I spent DECADES upon DECADES with no JOY... to be brought to this place where GOD has lifted my head... It's indescribable.

My walk was GLORIOUS... but I could not see any stars... the sky must be grey because it's SNOWING.

That’s when faith kicks in because although clouds blur your vision of the sky( heavenly realm?) they are still there in all their glory✨😊

England is 6.25 times larger than Wales we retired here ten years ago,
The closest to heaven you can get on earth, specially when you hear Welsh sung!
we live on the north coast forty miles from the English border

England is 6.25 times larger than Wales we retired here ten years ago,
The closest to heaven you can get on earth, specially when you hear Welsh sung!
we live on the north coast forty miles from the English border
P.s. Texas is nearly three times larger than the whole of the United Kingdom

Back