Advent thought day 20

That is quite a PROFOUND TRUTH.... we only have ONE shot at FIRST REACTION. Oh how many times I have FLUNKED this truth... and FLUNKED it AGAIN. I think in my young adult years... I would react with my primary emotion ( which sadly was always ANGER). The truth of this is
when we are raised in dysfunctional families... we learn dysfunctional coping mechanisms. It has been my experience that these go-to automatic responses are very difficult "habits" ( if you will ) to break/correct. It takes practice and practice and more practice. That is how its been for me anyways.

Since my encounter with God... everything has changed. My heart has softened... I no longer desire to fight. I don't care about being right. I have learned to live a quiet... peaceful ( and peace-filled ) life. My first REACTIONS are now usually ones that I believe are in accordance to the scriptures. I still sometimes over react to something... but it's usually when things catch me off guard. I am quick to apologize and move on.
Such is our pilgrim's progress on this earth.

Another brilliant post Alan.

That is quite a PROFOUND TRUTH.... we only have ONE shot at FIRST REACTION. Oh how many times I have FLUNKED this truth... and FLUNKED it AGAIN. I think in my young adult years... I would react with my primary emotion ( which sadly was always ANGER). The truth of this is
when we are raised in dysfunctional families... we learn dysfunctional coping mechanisms. It has been my experience that these go-to automatic responses are very difficult "habits" ( if you will ) to break/correct. It takes practice and practice and more practice. That is how its been for me anyways.

Since my encounter with God... everything has changed. My heart has softened... I no longer desire to fight. I don't care about being right. I have learned to live a quiet... peaceful ( and peace-filled ) life. My first REACTIONS are now usually ones that I believe are in accordance to the scriptures. I still sometimes over react to something... but it's usually when things catch me off guard. I am quick to apologize and move on.
Such is our pilgrim's progress on this earth.

Another brilliant post Alan.
I’m enjoying your observations as much as the advent thoughts
I am much encouraged and challenged
Alan

I’m enjoying your observations as much as the advent thoughts
I am much encouraged and challenged
Alan
I think in real life... there are times when we connect with someone in a way that we don't or can't connect with EVERYONE.
Your thoughts and how you articulate them seem to be very similar to "how I think"... so when I read your posts/ birthed thoughts for the forums to see ( oh how I love that I said that... HAHA. ).. my heart reacts... and I can easily resonate with the things you say... and so it seems so easy to add onto or reflect on what you have said.

I have been greatly comforted by this Advent thread and I am most grateful Alan... You have also challenged me to keep coming back. I am famous for showing up somewhere and then quietly just disappearing because I don't feel I have anything worth contributing.
These forums have truly risen above and beyond what I expected. I am deeply moved by the LOVE and TENDERNESS everyone expresses here.

Hey Alan;

My thoughts are first reactions can leave a negative lasting impression. Joseph was a righteous man who loved Mary and when she told him she was pregnant he reacted calmly. But what the Bible doesn't portray was Joseph dealing with his emotions alone with God who understood how Joseph would feel.

Joseph being a devoted man of God got a grip, was able to think clear and obey the instructions given to him by Gabriel.

God bless you, brother, and thank you for sharing Advent thought day 20

I have prepared thoughts til25th but have an itch about twelve days of Christmas…

Hey Alan;

My thoughts are first reactions can leave a negative lasting impression. Joseph was a righteous man who loved Mary and when she told him she was pregnant he reacted calmly. But what the Bible doesn't portray was Joseph dealing with his emotions alone with God who understood how Joseph would feel.

Joseph being a devoted man of God got a grip, was able to think clear and obey the instructions given to him by Gabriel.

God bless you, brother, and thank you for sharing Advent thought day 20
😍👍🙏🏽🙏🏽🙏🏽

Back