1. Hello Guest! You are browsing the forums as a guest; you will have limited permissions as a guest so we advise registering to enjoy the forums fully. Remember: we are a Christian ONLY site - any user who is not Christian will not be approved. Blessings, Christian Forum Site Staff
    Dismiss Notice

Ads on here

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by PeaceLikeaRiver, Sep 10, 2014.

1. Just interested in the ads I see here, they seem to be "smart" sometimes like the ones I see on Facebook.

I was ordering some dirty martini mix last night and lo and behold an ad came up for some today. That's kind of a coincidence!

Also I notice you see different ads depending on your region, they always change when I go away and log in here.

Just interested, that's all.
  2. It's no coincidence. The sites in question will be using Google Adsense or similar.

My own policy is to use 2 browsers. All my Internet shopping, searching and most of my browsing is done on Firefox which is set to try to block all it can. If I am using a site like this one where I'm willing to view the ads, I use Chromium. I don't see the ads targeted at me here for that reason.
    Ravindran and PeaceLikeaRiver say Amen and like this.