Add a Passage

Discussion in 'Sports, Games and Health' started by da_man, Aug 6, 2008.

1. 2 Corinthians 3:18 But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord.

2. Psalm 63:1O God, thou art my God; early will I seek thee: my soul thirsteth for thee, my flesh longeth for thee in a dry and thirsty land, where no water is; 2To see thy power and thy glory, so as I have seen thee in the sanctuary. 3Because thy lovingkindness is better than life, my lips shall praise thee. 4Thus will I bless thee while I live: I will lift up my hands in thy name.

3. Philippians 3:13Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, 14I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.

4. John 3:17 " For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through Him."

I think this is just as beautiful as the preceding verse. Too bad it doesn't get as much coverage.

5. Palm 32:7Thou art my hiding place; thou shalt preserve me from trouble; thou shalt compass me about with songs of deliverance. Selah. 8I will instruct thee and teach thee in the way which thou shalt go: I will guide thee with mine eye.

6. Psalm 31:1
    In thee, O LORD, do I put my trust; let me never be ashamed: deliver me in thy righteousness.

7. It was wrong back then… and it’s still wrong today. :eek:hno01:

Deu 25:11,12
    If two men are fighting, and the wife of one of them, coming to the help of her husband, takes the other by the private parts;
    Her hand is to be cut off; have no pity on her.

8. FOFL!!! OOH that hurts! HA!

9. Psalm 145:17The LORD is righteous in all his ways, and holy in all his works. 18The LORD is nigh unto all them that call upon him, to all that call upon him in truth.

10. Psalm 24:9Lift up your heads, O ye gates; even lift them up, ye everlasting doors; and the King of glory shall come in. 10Who is this King of glory? The LORD of hosts, he is the King of glory. Selah.

11. Philippians 4:8
    Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

12. Galatians 5:22But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
    23Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
    24And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.
    25If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.

13. Psalm 72
    18Blessed be the LORD God, the God of Israel, who only doeth wondrous things.
    19And blessed be his glorious name for ever: and let the whole earth be filled with his glory; Amen, and Amen.

14. Psalm 138:8
    The LORD will perfect that which concerneth me: thy mercy, O LORD, endureth for ever: forsake not the works of thine own hands

15. Psalm 37:23
    The steps of a good man are ordered by the LORD: and he delighteth in his way

16. Psalm 63
    1O God, thou art my God; early will I seek thee: my soul thirsteth for thee, my flesh longeth for thee in a dry and thirsty land, where no water is;
    2To see thy power and thy glory, so as I have seen thee in the sanctuary.
    3Because thy lovingkindness is better than life, my lips shall praise thee.
    4Thus will I bless thee while I live: I will lift up my hands in thy name.
    5My soul shall be satisfied as with marrow and fatness; and my mouth shall praise thee with joyful lips:
    6When I remember thee upon my bed, and meditate on thee in the night watches.

17. Psalm 84:2

My soul longeth, yea, even fainteth for the courts of the LORD: my heart and my flesh crieth out for the living God.

Psalm 107:9

For he satisfieth the longing soul, and filleth the hungry soul with goodness.

18. John 11:35, "Jesus wept."

Does this scripture tug at anyone else's heart strings like it does mine?

Many men today believe it is not 'manly' for a man to cry. What's up with that?

Jesus cried and He didn't lose any of His manliness.

:smiley170::smiley170::smiley170:

19. This shows there is nothing unmanly about weeping when the Spirit of God comes on you. He is compassionate

Psalm 111:4
    He hath made his wonderful works to be remembered: the LORD is gracious and full of compassion.

20. Long, but I like it a lot:

Romans 8:31-39
    31What, then, shall we say in response to this? If God is for us, who can be against us? 32He who did not spare his own Son, but gave him up for us all—how will he not also, along with him, graciously give us all things? 33Who will bring any charge against those whom God has chosen? It is God who justifies. 34Who is he that condemns? Christ Jesus, who died—more than that, who was raised to life—is at the right hand of God and is also interceding for us. 35Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword? 36As it is written:
    "For your sake we face death all day long;
    we are considered as sheep to be slaughtered."[l] 37No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. 38For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons,[m] neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, 39neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.