Adam's Responsibilities In The Garden.

No Mike you don't always hear folks out, I have read many of these post and I know the scriptures. This is a very gray area of truth and a doctrine that promotes OUR responsibility in protecting what God has put under our authority is about as much in agreement with traditional WOF teaching as one can get!.. So I don't see any evidence that a false or destructive doctrine is being attempted here? I say hear the brother out and you might add to your WOF tradition and strengthen what you already believe to be true.

Well, ummm ... ummm .

I suppose its no big deal what you believe about the earth before Gen 1:1.... won't effect being born again or stop you from being blessed.

Ummm. Yea, ok.

Brother Copeland also say Adam should have protected that garden from Satan. Uses the same verse.

I suppose your right Mitspa.

Not worth getting my panties in a bunch about it.

One reason why Adam failed in his responsibility in protecting the garden was because he took his eyes off what God has given him. He was allowed to eat from any tree except one, and that is exactly were we find him, standing right in front of what was off limits.

God considers vision extremely important to him self to the point were when he sees evil he turns from it and wipes it from him memory.

Habakkuk 1:13

(13) Thou art of purer eyes than to behold evil, and canst not look on iniquity:
wherefore lookest thou upon them that deal treacherously, and holdest thy tongue when the
wicked devoureth the man that is more righteous than he?

Jesus tells us about a time in which many will say unto him.....

Mat 7:22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
Mat 7:23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Since God is omniscient and knows all things, but there are some things he chooses not to know on purpose when he sees evil.

Psa 34:15 The eyes of the LORD are upon the righteous, and his ears are open unto their cry.
Psa 34:16 The face of the LORD is against them that do evil, to cut off the remembrance of them from the earth.

While Adam and Eve were standing in front of what was forbidden to them they began to desire having its fruit. The word “desire” also has a translation which means “appetite”. There appetite for the forbidden was not on the menu God had given them. Any time you take your eyes off what the Lord given you, you will find yourself desiring and changing your appetite for something that can kill you.

Back