Adam and Eve after the fall....

Genesis 3......

I can't imagine how bad things must have been for Adam and Eve after the curse and ejection from Eden.. Realistically - they had NEVER experienced SORROW previous to this.... Never experienced emptiness or frustration or blame before this.... Never experienced arguments or disagreements or misaligned unity in their relationship before this.... Adam had never been nagged and Eve had never been ignored....

Eve had never Experienced Adam ruling over her... and Adam had never been COMPELLED - forced by his own will - to rule... To DECLARE to her over her protest how things were going to be in some circumstances.... Adam had never experienced Emotional dependence from Eve - and the resulting difficulties - He had NEVER heard "You don't care about me.. You are never here.." No doubt that would have been an utter catastrophe.... I can see both of them thinking "What the HECK is going on with you? You are NUTS!"

AND - they had no parents/friends/relatives to reign them in when they were being stupid or to console them, comfort and encourage them.... The ALSO (presumably) had far less contact with God to sort their errors back out and support them...

Then come children - and there's no family to help out.... Experience of what to do next.... No outlet for frustration and sadness...

Emptiness, sorrow, frustration, anger, emotion, blame... All the stuff we take for granted because we have built up "Callouses"... Built up defense mechanisms... Built up support networks and family who will encourage and comfort us....

Even worse - no "Indwelling Holy Spirit" to fill the void... Nothing to fill the constant emptiness, sorrow, greed, anger, envy.... Nothing but self-willed morality to counteract the narcissism....

We have no idea how wonderful of a gift we have....

Last edited:
Genesis 3......

I can't imagine how bad things must have been for Adam and Eve after the curse and ejection from Eden.. Realistically - they had NEVER experienced SORROW previous to this.... Never experienced emptiness or frustration or blame before this.... Never experienced arguments or disagreements or misaligned unity in their relationship before this.... Adam had never been nagged and Eve had never been ignored....

Eve had never Experienced Adam ruling over her... and Adam had never been COMPELLED - forced by his own will - to rule... To DECLARE to her over her protest how things were going to be in some circumstances.... Adam had never experienced Emotional dependence from Eve - and the resulting difficulties - He had NEVER heard "You don't care about me.. You are never here.." No doubt that would have been an utter catastrophe.... I can see both of them thinking "What the HECK is going on with you? You are NUTS!"

AND - they had no parents/friends/relatives to reign them in when they were being stupid or to console them, comfort and encourage them.... The ALSO (presumably) had far less contact with God to sort their errors back out and support them...

Then come children - and there's no family to help out.... Experience of what to do next.... No outlet for frustration and sadness...

Emptiness, sorrow, frustration, anger, emotion, blame... All the stuff we take for granted because we have built up "Callouses"... Built up defense mechanisms... Built up support networks and family who will encourage and comfort us....

Even worse - no "Indwelling Holy Spirit" to fill the void... Nothing to fill the constant emptiness, sorrow, greed, anger, envy.... Nothing but self-willed morality to counteract the narcissism....

We have no idea how wonderful of a gift we have....

All you say is true, but I would like to add some mitigation.
In regard to the consequences for eating of the Tree of Knowledge, in Genesis there are two deaths referred to in the original Hebrew "......... dying you shall die..."
Although many bibles may have it in the margins, I can only find it shown properly in the Young's Literal Translation.

Gen2v15And Jehovah God taketh the man, and causeth him to rest in the garden of Eden, to serve it, and to keep it.16And Jehovah God layeth a charge on the man, saying, ‘Of every tree of the garden eating thou dost eat;17and of the tree of knowledge of good and evil, thou dost not eat of it, for in the day of thine eating of it — dying thou dost die.’

Adam was created a physical man, and also a spirit man. Rather like an angel wrapped in a fleshly body, the two working together. Like us, he was created to have communion with God via his human spirit. The intention of God was that his spirit should rule his flesh, just as it should be with us.

God had given Adam dominion over the physical earthly creation. However, that would always be in humility to God his creator. God would always be the source of truth, rightness, perfection etc.
The offer that Satan gave Adam and Eve was that they too could also be like God.
Gen3v4The serpent said to the woman, "You surely will not die! 5"For God knows that in the day you eat from it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil."6When the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was a delight to the eyes, and that the tree was desirable to make one wise,.....

Thus Adam made the choice that as far as ruling the planet was concerned, instead of being in spiritual union with God he could do the job independently. The offer to be like God is entirely that, Adam would become the source of all truth, rightness, perfection etc. That's what the Tree of Knowledge of Good or Evil meant. God was made redundant and Adam became the source and origin of what was good or evil. Adam's spirit died, he was no longer in union with the creator. Death made its first strike.

Then we find Jesus walking in the Garden calling for his man child who is now in hiding, naked and afraid. This is an important point. God's warning about the Tree of Knowledge spoke of two deaths, obviously referring to both spiritual death and physical death. Having experienced spiritual death, there was a complete certainty of impending physical death. Adam had a price on his head and was terrified of meeting the Lord.
Jesus confronts Adam with angry rebuke etc, but then this amazing thing happens.-
Gen3v21The LORD God made garments of skin for Adam and his wife, and clothed them.

Was that a nice black biker's jacket with frills along the sleeves, an Afghan coat or what?

In going to confront Adam, Jesus must have walked in the garden as both judge and executioner, and armed with a sharp blade. Adam fully expected this because he had been warned, and was already "half dead".
However Jesus is merciful, slow to anger and swift to bless, knowing the end from the beginning etc. Instead of killing Adam for his rebellion, Jesus turns around, grabs tight hold of a gentle lamb, slits its throat and pours the blood out, rips the hide off its back, and drapes the bloody skin around the shoulders of Adam and Eve.
Nobody had ever seen death before, but this demonstration put everything in stark perspective.

Although He died in about 33 AD., Jesus is also the Lamb slain from the foundation of the earth. The efficacy of his death goes right back to the garden of Eden and was therefore also applicable for Adam and Eve.
Revelation13v8And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him (the beast), whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.

We can see this understanding continued to the next generation demonstrating that Adam and Eve taught it to their children.
Gen4v3So it came about in the course of time that Cain brought an offering to the LORD of the fruit of the ground. 4Abel, on his part also brought of the firstlings of his flock and of their fat portions. And the LORD had regard for Abel and for his offering;5but for Cain and for his offering He had no regard. So Cain became very angry and his countenance fell.…
Abel can be seen here as contrite and seeking redemption, but Cain was arrogant and walked in rebellion against God.

Although Hebrews10v4 says For it is impossible for the blood of bulls and goats to take away sins, we should not go beyond what Paul meant and discount the significant principle of the OT sacrifices.
In the New Testament, as Christians, we take bread and wine as a token of the substitutionary death of Jesus. Just as Paul said about the blood of bulls and goats, the bread and wine do not take away our sins either. The taking away of sins has always been done by the blood of Jesus and was as effective for Adam as it is for me now.

Psalm32 A Psalm of David, Maschil.
1 Blessed is he whose transgression is forgiven, whose sin is covered.
2 Blessed is the man unto whom the LORD imputeth not iniquity, and in whose spirit there is no guile.
3 When I kept silence, my bones waxed old through my roaring all the day long.
4 For day and night thy hand was heavy upon me: my moisture is turned into the drought of summer. Selah.
5 I acknowledged my sin unto thee, and mine iniquity have I not hid. I said, I will confess my transgressions unto the LORD; and thou forgavest the iniquity of my sin. Selah.
6 For this shall every one that is godly pray unto thee in a time when thou mayest be found: surely in the floods of great waters they shall not come nigh unto him.
7 Thou art my hiding place; thou shalt preserve me from trouble; thou shalt compass me about with songs of deliverance. Selah.
8 I will instruct thee and teach thee in the way which thou shalt go: I will guide thee with mine eye.
9 Be ye not as the horse, or as the mule, which have no understanding: whose mouth must be held in with bit and bridle, lest they come near unto thee.
10 Many sorrows shall be to the wicked: but he that trusteth in the LORD, mercy shall compass him about.
11 Be glad in the LORD, and rejoice, ye righteous: and shout for joy, all ye that are upright in heart.

Here we have David rejoicing in the complete freedom and joy that someone who has been forgiven can experience. Many Christians struggle with guilt because they don't have the same revelation that David had.
That freedom was also available for Adam and Eve. They had to live with the consequences of their rebellious choice, but that did not include God being their enemy and rejecting them.

Last edited:
I'd like to take the OP's original content and turn it around the other way.

Think of the bliss of all that WAS "the Garden" and then apply that, to what Heaven will be like!! the NEW "Garden" if you will. God reverts all things back to what He had originally intended. With complete absence of sin and the results of sin.

Even so come, Lord Jesus!!

-Soupy

I'd like to take the OP's original content and turn it around the other way.

Think of the bliss of all that WAS "the Garden" and then apply that, to what Heaven will be like!! the NEW "Garden" if you will. God reverts all things back to what He had originally intended. With complete absence of sin and the results of sin.

Even so come, Lord Jesus!!

-Soupy
Most people completely forget that the blood of redemption doesn't just mean "heaven when you're dead" but redeeming everything that Adam surrendered to Satan including this planet.

"Thy will be done, on earth as it is in heaven."

Back