Abiding In Christ

Dusty

Inactive
Abiding In Christ

Abiding In Christ ..... By Dr Charles Stanley
( sent in ...in box )
JOHN 15:4-5
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]As believers, we know that the cornerstone of our faith is focus on Jesus Christ. Yet many of us find ourselves working overtime to please God through our good works and righteous behavior. Spiritual and physical burnout is the inevitable result. People are not meant to live the Christian life in their own strength.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Scripture tells us to abide in Christ, just as a branch connects to the vine. Believers who abide in the Lord no longer exist for themselves, but rather live for Him. Then we cease striving after righteousness and instead submit to God, allowing Him to live His life through us. In this way, the strength and energy that characterize the life of Jesus Christ become ours.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]As we yield our entire being to God and abide in Christ, He conforms our thoughts to His will and purpose—our minds and bodies are prepared for service in His kingdom. God has a valuable role for everyone committed to doing His work.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Too often we become ensnared by the question, "What does God want me to do?" We wait for an answer, refusing to act until He responds. But obediently abiding in the Lord does not mean we sit around soaking up Scripture while doing nothing. Instead, we trust Him to guide us, leading us into the world to do what needs doing, whether it's teaching a Sunday School class, visiting the sick, or sharing our faith with the commuter riding with us on the train every day. These righteous acts aren't designed to earn God's approval; rather, they are the natural outworkings of a Christ-abiding life[/SIZE][/FONT]

As we yield our entire being to God and abide in Christ, He conforms our thoughts to His will and purpose—our minds and bodies are prepared for service in His kingdom. God has a valuable role for everyone committed to doing His work.

This spoke to me . Yes as we abide in Christ ... He transforms our very thought pattern to fashion after His ..

Praise His name .... Not my will but thine be done.

Just wanted to copy out the verses . Abiding in Him .... He is the vine ... We are the branches . What a wonderful example of Christ 's love for us .

John 15:4-5

4..............Remain in me, and I will remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me.

5..............."I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing.

Back