A Supernatural Experience With Jesus (savior)

Discussion in 'Praise Reports / Testimonials' started by lowlyservant, Oct 18, 2013.

1. This topic is running off the intended op into a banned conversation. Cease now.

2. I believe that as well.

Euphemia likes this.
  3. But, how is that fair to all the unbelievers in the world, who's eternal destiny is hell, where the torture is unimaginable?

4. Fair? What's fair is that God sends us all to hell for our sin. Grace is freely given, not owed.

5. I know, hell is fair. Completely fair. But by saying that God chooses who gets saved and whoever He does not choose does not get saved, you are saying that God chooses for some people to go to hell.

6. Why would he create hell if not for people to be in it?

7. The topic is getting off the OP. Warnings are being ignored. Points will be issued.

8. Our most loving Creator and Savior Jesus reaches clear into the depths of hell to save people. Praise be to the Lord, for He truly is Mighty to save. And let no man place limits on His reach. Amen.

9. #69 Euphemia, Mar 22, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2015
    No, He doesn't.

Hebrews 9:27
    And just as each person is destined to die once and after that comes judgment,

Luke 16:19-31
    Parable of the Rich Man and Lazarus
    Jesus said, “There was a certain rich man who was splendidly clothed in purple and fine linen and who lived each day in luxury. 20 At his gate lay a poor man named Lazarus who was covered with sores. 21 As Lazarus lay there longing for scraps from the rich man’s table, the dogs would come and lick his open sores.

22 “Finally, the poor man died and was carried by the angels to be with Abraham. The rich man also died and was buried, 23 and his soul went to the place of the dead. There, in torment, he saw Abraham in the far distance with Lazarus at his side.

24 “The rich man shouted, ‘Father Abraham, have some pity! Send Lazarus over here to dip the tip of his finger in water and cool my tongue. I am in anguish in these flames.’

25 “But Abraham said to him, ‘Son, remember that during your lifetime you had everything you wanted, and Lazarus had nothing. So now he is here being comforted, and you are in anguish. 26 And besides, there is a great chasm separating us. No one can cross over to you from here, and no one can cross over to us from there.’

27 “Then the rich man said, ‘Please, Father Abraham, at least send him to my father’s home. 28 For I have five brothers, and I want him to warn them so they don’t end up in this place of torment.’

29 “But Abraham said, ‘Moses and the prophets have warned them. Your brothers can read what they wrote.’

30 “The rich man replied, ‘No, Father Abraham! But if someone is sent to them from the dead, then they will repent of their sins and turn to God.’

31 “But Abraham said, ‘If they won’t listen to Moses and the prophets, they won’t be persuaded even if someone rises from the dead.’”

CCW95A likes this.
  10. I pray for the end of punishment.

11. #71 Euphemia, Mar 22, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2015
    I should think that would be a very futile prayer, and completely unbiblical. Much rather we should be praying for the Spirit of God to send believers and ourselves into the paths of those who have yet to meet the Saviour---before their lives are over, for once a person dies, His eternity begins. There is no way out of judgment for those who have not received the gift of righteousness in Jesus Christ.

The message about hellfire is also part of the gospel. Omitting that would be a false gospel message.

Juk likes this.
  12. But predestination means that God chose for people to go hell. It would have been His will for those people to go to hell. Does that sound like God?

13. Yes. He sends people to hell because people are sinners. He actually CHOSES to send people to hell believe it or not. He also CHOSES to save people and pay the penalty for their sins.

14. Oh, I see. What I said came out the wrong way. What I meant is that predestination means that God chooses for people to go hell before they are born.

15. Well God knew how sinful man would be before he created us, and before he created man he knew who he would save in Jesus Christ. So it also makes sense that he knew who he would send to hell.

God has a purpose for this sinful world believe it or not. He also has a purpose in sending people to hell. We can trust him because he is who he is.

16. Knowing that someone is going to hell and choosing for them to go to hell are two very different things.

Euphemia likes this.
  17. If God didn't want them in hell he would save them.

18. Ok, sorry.

19. We have to stop because the conversation has gotten off topic and we could risk getting banned from the site.

20. Also, I did not see this earlier. I was never notified that you said this. Please forgive me.

Abdicate likes this.