A series on our senses!

Musicmaster said something very few think about our senses and how we use them.
I would like to do a series on each of our 5 senses.

In a thread he posted music he composed and performed. It got me thinking...........
We can do more with the organs God bestowed on us to see, hear, taste, smell and touch.

I'm going to start with smell, it's an important function for we smell the food and drink we consume. Buuuuut it also has other properties connected with our brains.

For instance what do YOU think of when you smell coffee?
I think of a NEW DAY. It's fragrance is rich and pungent. It stirs my brain with the thought of a NEW DAY, a do over so to speak.

I've smelled banana bread and thought of the tropics,the sea and I'll wait to talk about what thoughts that smell invokes.

So if your interested lets talk about SMELLING!

When you get to the ears I'll give it a listen.
When you get to the eyes, I'll take a look.
When you get to the fingers, I'll keep in touch.
When you get to the tongue, I'll take a taste,
but with the nose, I'll neither whiff nor sniff. lol
crossnote
You are a silly sweet man whom I admire!

lol! crossnote!

Our brother has a gift of throwing that humorous thought when you least expect it.

God bless him for that! 😎 πŸ‘

Musicmaster said something very few think about our senses and how we use them.
I would like to do a series on each of our 5 senses.

In a thread he posted music he composed and performed. It got me thinking...........
We can do more with the organs God bestowed on us to see, hear, taste, smell and touch.

I'm going to start with smell, it's an important function for we smell the food and drink we consume. Buuuuut it also has other properties connected with our brains.

For instance what do YOU think of when you smell coffee?
I think of a NEW DAY. It's fragrance is rich and pungent. It stirs my brain with the thought of a NEW DAY, a do over so to speak.

I've smelled banana bread and thought of the tropics,the sea and I'll wait to talk about what thoughts that smell invokes.

So if your interested lets talk about SMELLING!

Yeah. I lifted my arms this morning to praise, and.....oh my.....:confused:

Otherwise.....many a memory has been triggered by a scent, and odor, an aroma, a fragrance. So, yes indeed. Smell is a powerful trigger for many, many things, especially emotive memories that can have a powerful and profound impact upon current thoughts and feelings.

MM

when I smell coffee I dont think of anything☹️

but now you have me hooked dv3, so I am going to choose one. I will choose Italy. I have never been there yet, but the thought of travelling to Rome on my future vacation....ahgh...

plus, Rome and Aroma go well together

thanksπŸ˜‡

I read once about our recall on our sence of smell that it was significantly longer than our other senses.
Does that sound familiar?

as a musician I would have thought I would have had a better sense of hearing. but its not true. I am no better at hearing than anyone else.

but I can imagine the smell of apple pie and custard better than visualising a colour, or an image, or a song.

but I have also heard it say that our hearing is the last to go... so I dont really know

Yes I have also heard that our sense of hearing was that last to go.
My thought was recall of a odor. Has it ever happened to you that you smell something and it is linked to something in your distant past that you have otherwise long forgotten?

My thought was recall of a odor. Has it ever happened to you that you smell something and it is linked to something in your distant past that you have otherwise long forgotten?
Tes I remember smelling pistachio ice cream and a picture came to my mind of standing outside an icecrean van, in a village near Rome. That was where I had my first taste of pistachio. The smell is clean and fresh.

oh, I see what you mean now😊

yes I have. And apparently so do trauma survivors. and I also wonder, if, when you suddenly smell something you haven't smelled in such a long time, or if at all, it triggers a thought and you dont know why. its all interesting to think about, especially as we know so little about the universe.

Back