1. Hello Guest! You are browsing the forums as a guest; you will have limited permissions as a guest so we advise registering to enjoy the forums fully. Remember: we are a Christian ONLY site - any user who is not Christian will not be approved. Blessings, Christian Forum Site Staff
    Dismiss Notice

A Salsa Throw Down Between Brothers

Discussion in 'Recipes and Cooking' started by JG27_chili, Apr 21, 2014.

which salsa do you like best

1. Best looking/presentation

1 vote(s)
  2. Best tasting

2 vote(s)
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Ingredients:
    3 fresh jalapeƱo peppers, roasted
    3 serrano peppers
    1/4 sweet yellow onion
    2 tablespoons of lime juice
    3 roma tomatoes
    1 can of stewed tomatoes
    handful of cilantro
    1 garlic clove roasted
    black pepper
    white pepper
    cayenne pepper
    chili powder

Combine all ingredients and put in a blender or food processor. Pulse until you get the salsa to the consistency you'd like. I do about 10 to 15 pulses. Test seasonings with a tortilla chip and adjust as needed.
    Refrigerate the salsa for at least an hour before serving.
  2. Spicy Guacamole and mango

Total Time:
    30 min
    25 min
    5 min

3 cups

Super Bowl
    Any time

1 tablespoon vegetable oil
    1 to 2 serrano or jalapeno chile peppers or both to your heat likeness
    1 mango, peeled, pitted and diced
    1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
    Juice of 1/2 lime
    3 tablespoons minced red onion
    Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
    3 avocados, halved, pitted and peeled
    1/2 cup finely diced peeled jicama
    Tortilla chips, for serving

Warm the vegetable oil in a small skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chiles and cook, turning, until the skins blister, about 5 minutes. Let cool, then stem and finely chop.

Combine the chopped chiles with the mango, cilantro, lime juice and onion in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper.

Smash the avocados in a medium bowl. Mix in the mango-chile mixture and the jicama. Season with salt and pepper and serve with chips.
    [​IMG]I been makin this for a few years now. It goes with every thing :)
  3. We got a taker! OOO Flame ON! hehehehe. Both are easy to make. Come on guys help us out here pweeeeeeezzzzzz :)
  4. I have a salsa recipe for you guys...well...not at the moment, I'll have to ask my Dad for it (it's his). As soon as I get it though, I'll post it. I may also try making one of your guys' recipes on Saturday or just try messing around with my own. Cheers boys!
  5. If you do, try mine. Then come back and tell us how much you liked it :)
  6. If I am to make one, it will be yours. I'm not a big fan of guacamole or mango...sorry chili, please don't ban me for saying that :oops::D
    Where is the Messiah likes this.