A Reminder from Peter >>

Jesus is coming over tomorrow to your place get ready...lol

what about 'respect' what do people think of that. God is said to have 'no respecter of persons'.
What does that mean?

Is respect something kind of like the pride that God hates as well?

respecter of persons
This was interesting when I looked it up. "Respecter of persons" is translated from one Greek word, prosōpolēmptēs.
This Greek word is a combination of two Greek words,
prosōpon meaning face, person, presence or countenance.
and
lambanō meaning to take, receive, have, or caught.

They translated it to "respecter of persons", but we in modern day might understand it as a discriminator between people based on their looks or status.

Literally means accepter of a face. Reminds me of the saying, "Take it at face value". It ends up not having much to do with respect as we know it.

This to me is a really good way of seeing things. Like we have a switch and sometimes its turned off. So how do we activate it?

I have been reading there is 2 types of motivation. Intrinsic and extrinsic.

Like children we will work for sweets to get what we want yet when it comes to doing the things of God we are quick to brush them aside because we don’t think we have acess to the “switch”

I grew up with zero disciple and I can tell you I have to put in 300% now to form and new heathy habits. My switch seems like it has a faulty connection but now I can see it as a “switch” It has actually ignited a creative response and I feel like Einstein 😇

Blessings BM.

Your post has really helped me today!
I'm glad this helped!
I sometimes will do this at times with different situations, by looking at them in a different way, analyzing it. I guess it comes from my smart aleckiness when I will take a phrase literally when it is figurative, or vice versa. Normally I just get "eye rolls" and groans. Thanks for the encouraging words.

This was interesting when I looked it up. "Respecter of persons" is translated from one Greek word, prosōpolēmptēs.
This Greek word is a combination of two Greek words,
prosōpon meaning face, person, presence or countenance.
and
lambanō meaning to take, receive, have, or caught.

They translated it to "respecter of persons", but we in modern day might understand it as a discriminator between people based on their looks or status.

Literally means accepter of a face. Reminds me of the saying, "Take it at face value". It ends up not having much to do with respect as we know it.
my dictionary says

respect. 1 a feeling of admiration for someone because of their qualities or achievements. 2. consideration for the feelings or rights of other people

Back