A Question For The Atheists

One knows because of the indwelling of the Holy Spirit. Is there any reason you keep omitting Him from your responses? As I said, a born again Christian who is filled with the Holy Spirit will not be dissuaded. You can't grasp this because you are unaware of the power and nature of the Holy Spirit.

This is off topic, but I'm only receiving half of your responses unless I quote them. Anybody got a solution or suggestion. I'm using the Tapatalk app for iPhone.

Some of my closest friends were christians pastors at church, they went to church, they loved Jesus very much. They followed scripture as their life depended on it. 2 years ago, they stopped believing in God. That means they were never christians in the first place.

http://www.faithstreet.com/onfaith/2009/12/21/when-you-stop-believing-a-c/2674
When you stop believing, it doesn't mean you are a bad person. and when you do start believing, it doesn't mean you are a good person either. It's what you do that makes up who are you. If you do good, you're a good person. If you do bad, you're a bad person.

Last edited:
There are so many christians who think they received the holy spirit but they never did receive the holy spirit

http://www.ex-christian.net/forum/5-testimonies-of-former-christians/#.U2R2mvnw2Vo

Now do you realize that the holy spirit wasn't in you in the first place if you happen to lost faith in god in the future?

For You formed my inward parts; You covered me in my mother’s womb. (Psalms 139:13 NKJV)

I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Marvelous are Your works, And that my soul knows very well. (Psalms 139:14 NKJV)

I disagree with you.

For You formed my inward parts; You covered me in my mother’s womb. (Psalms 139:13 NKJV)

I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Marvelous are Your works, And that my soul knows very well. (Psalms 139:14 NKJV)

I disagree with you.

We will see in the future if you are saved or not. It happened to me. I use to follow scripture and love Jesus a lot but it didn't make sense then I lost faith. You cannot explain on how come my closest friends consider themselves to be christian when they thought they were christians and filled with the holy spirit.

I disagree with you.

you are not able to tell how come my closest friend didn't know that the holy spirit wasn't dwelling in them. They thought the holy spirit was in them but in the end, the holy spirit wasn't existing in them in the first place.

We will see in the future if you are saved or not. It happened to me. I use to follow scripture and love Jesus a lot but it didn't make sense then I lost faith. You cannot explain on how come my closest friends consider themselves to be christian when they thought they were christians and filled with the holy spirit.
You said it yourself "they thought they were Christians and filled with the Holy Spirit." They didn't believe, they didn't know, you obviously have never been filled with the Holy Spirit either.

You said it yourself "they thought they were Christians and filled with the Holy Spirit." They didn't believe, they didn't know, you obviously have never been filled with the Holy Spirit either.

so when I went to church, follow jesus, follow scriptures for the past 20 years, I wasn't filled with the holy spirit? When I thought I was filled with the holy spirit, how do I tell if I am filled with the holy spirit at that time? because obviously, now, I am not filled with the holy spirit.

doesn't me following scriptures for 20 years mean something? doesn't that prove that I used to believe in Jesus? I use to go to church just for bible studies, and I wanted to learn more about the scriptures. Is there something I am missing? Can the holy spirit abandon people?

He won't abandon you. Now we can grieve Him. We can quench Him. We can hurt His feelings. When this happens we get out of tune and we cease to operate with Him. Countless times He has said, I will never leave you.

doesn't me following scriptures for 20 years mean something? doesn't that prove that I used to believe in Jesus? I use to go to church just for bible studies, and I wanted to learn more about the scriptures. Is there something I am missing? Can the holy spirit abandon people?
What's the real reason you were doing this?

He won't abandon you. Now we can grieve Him. We can quench Him. We can hurt His feelings. When this happens we get out of tune and we cease to operate with Him. Countless times He has said, I will never leave you.

okay, so you don't know if you are saved or not. because you, yourself don't know, if you are going to continue to believe in jesus or not, in the future.

just because god will never leave you, doesn't garauntee that you won't leave god. things happens. My closest friends were pastors. They were really close to god but they lost faith. They stopped believing.

[ QUOTE="BalooU, post: 329246, member: 13668"]just because god will never leave you, doesn't garauntee that you won't leave god. things happens. My closest friends were pastors. They were really close to god but they lost faith. They stopped believing.[/QUOTE]
Once again, you don't understand the power of the Holy Spirit. If you did, you would not ask these questions. You would have a relationship with the living, eternal, almighty God.

I hope you lose faith in the future so I can prove to you that I would be right. My pastor friends thought they were going to be christians forever but look at them now. they lost faith.

That's not an answer to that particular question. Let's hear it. Why were you studying scripture?

back then, I was studying scripture to get closer to god, I use to really love god and I would consider Jesus to be my lord and saviour, but now, I don't.

I hope you lose faith in the future so I can prove to you that I would be right. My pastor friends thought they were going to be christians forever but look at them now. they lost faith.
That is a dangerous request. May heaps of coals be on your head. The Good Shepherd has my back. Vengeance is mine says The Lord.

Back