A Little While, And Ye Shall Not See Me: And Again, A Little While, And Ye Shall See Me....

Where 2 or 3 are gathered together in His name, there He is in the midst of them.

Matthew 18:20 KJV
(20) For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.

Our Lord calls us out from among those of the churches who will hear the Word of Truth in this coming time but will not believe and will reject it and will reject one who would receive it.

When we leave those unbelievers and their churches behind, we shall receive PERSECUTIONS for His sake. The believers shall leave the denominations of men that they once participated in…..leaving “houses”, brothers, sisters, lands for His sake and the good news.

For a “little while”, we shall NOT see Him as we shall not have gathered together in the Truth yet as we shall be alone in our walk toward the Father. We shall leave behind one assembly and await another as more people shall be coming out also.

But we shall receive again 100 percent (“hundredfold”) believing brothers and sisters. We shall receive again all the things we left behind …..in a little while.

Mark 10:29-30 KJV
(29) And Jesus answered and said, Verily I say unto you, There is no man that hath left house, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my sake, and the gospel's,
(30) But he shall receive an hundredfold now in this time, houses, and brethren, and sisters, and mothers, and children, and lands, with persecutions; and in the world to come eternal life.

We follow Him….for in a little while, we shall not see Him in the gathering together of people. We shall be alone for a temporary time as we wait for others to awake to the Truth and be separated from those who are living in error. We shall see Him again….by us gathering together to Him in the Truth...in this coming time.

John 16:16-20 KJV
(16) A little while, and ye shall not see me: and again, a little while, and ye shall see me, because I go to the Father.

We follow His footsteps. We go to the Father as we come out from among those unbelievers of the churches….leaving all of their covetous teachings and ways behind. We go to the Father…who will receive us and will be a Father unto us and we shall be His sons and daughters in the Truth. What concord does Christ have with Belial?

2 Corinthians 6:14-18 KJV
(14) Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?
(15) And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel?
(16) And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.

We are to go to the Father....in the footsteps of Jesus...

(17) Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you,

(18) And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty.

We are to follow Him…..and “go away”... so that the Comforter shall come unto us. The Spirit is the “Comforter” that shall be sent unto us because of the PERSECUTIONS we shall receive from those we go away from. Whoever shall live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecutions by those who we leave behind in their denominations and envy and strife. How can the “Comforter” come without us first going away from them and receive persecutions?

John 16:7 KJV
(7) Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.

We are to come out from among them first so that we receive His Spirit of Truth that shall guide us unto all Truth and will reprove the world of sin…..because they will not believe on Him. Those in the unbelieving congregations will not receive His words when they will hear Him. We shall have no need of men to teach us for the Spirit shall guide us unto all Truth.

John 16:8-15 KJV
(8) And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:
(9) Of sin, because they believe not on me;
(10) Of righteousness, because I go to my Father, and ye see me no more;
(11) Of judgment, because the prince of this world is judged.
(12) I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now.
(13) Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.
(14) He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you.
(15) All things that the Father hath are mine: therefore said I, that he shall take of mine, and shall shew it unto you.

We shall suffer persecutions by those we leave behind. They will rejoice in their unrighteousness and we shall be sorrowful. But the sorrow shall be turned into joy….for a “man” shall be born into the world.

The “new man” shall appear as others shall gather together in the Truth and we shall be joyful again. In due time, we shall receive 100 percent of what we had left behind. We shall again receive other brothers and sisters in Him. We shall see Him again….in the company of others that are gathered in Him in Spirit and in Truth and we shall no more remember the anguish we felt in the persecutions by those we had left behind. Our hearts shall rejoice and no man can take our joy away from us.

John 16:
(20) Verily, verily, I say unto you, That ye shall weep and lament, but the world shall rejoice: and ye shall be sorrowful, but your sorrow shall be turned into joy.
(21) A woman when she is in travail hath sorrow, because her hour is come: but as soon as she is delivered of the child, she remembereth no more the anguish, for joy that a man is born into the world.
(22) And ye now therefore have sorrow: but I will see you again, and your heart shall rejoice, and your joy no man taketh from you.

When we are baptized in the Word of Truth, we are to come up immediately out of the “waters” of men so that the Spirit shall come unto us. The Spirit of Truth shall come unto us….after we have gone away...up out of the waters of men.

Matthew 3; 4:
(16) And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him:

We are to come out from among them…..out of the waters of men in their envying and strife ….and be His Son.

(17) And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.

We are to be led into the “wilderness” temporarily….and will receive persecutions and temptations by those we leave behind. They will seek to seduce us back into their congregations with great swelling words of vanity and will revile us when we don’t bow down….crucifying us.

(1) Then was Jesus led up of the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted of the devil.

The “wild beasts” of men shall revile us because we do not fall for their temptations.

Mark 1:13 KJV
(13) And he was there in the wilderness forty days, tempted of Satan; and was with the wild beasts; and the angels ministered unto him.

We are to suffer persecution for righteousness' sake without rendering evil for their evil. We are not to be afraid of their terror….

1 Peter 3:14-17 KJV
(14) But and if ye suffer for righteousness' sake, happy are ye: and be not afraid of their terror, neither be troubled;
(15) But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:

…for they shall speak evil of us labeling us as “evil doers” as we shall no longer run with them after their things. We are to sanctify the Lord God in our hearts by not allowing evil to come forth out of our hearts to return evil for evil. We are to always remember His will and DO it…..to suffer for well doing than for evil doing. We are to keep our confidence...having a good conscience...by not rendering evil for evil.

(16) Having a good conscience; that, whereas they speak evil of you, as of evildoers, they may be ashamed that falsely accuse your good conversation in Christ.
(17) For it is better, if the will of God be so, that ye suffer for well doing, than for evil doing.

They will persecute us….as a “roaring lion”…seeking whom they may devour with their false accusations and reviling. They will persecute us….tempting us so that we might speak evil in return.

Like a dunk tank clown at the county fair, they will speak out insults tempting us to throw a baseball at their target in order to dunk him. We are not to give in to their insults. We shall not be hurt by the “second death”….the furnace of fire that will come out of their mouths. We are to keep our mouths from evil. Bless and do not curse.

1 Peter 5:8-12 KJV
(8) Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:

We are to RESIST them in their persecutions….staying steadfast in the faith of what we have heard: His Word of Truth. We are to know that the same AFFLICTIONS will be accomplished in our brothers that are in the world. They also will have departed from those who are living in error and will also suffer the same afflictions.

(9) Whom resist stedfast in the faith, knowing that the same afflictions are accomplished in your brethren that are in the world.

And after we have suffered for “A WHILE”, He shall make us complete and will establish us and strengthen and settle us. We shall be gathered together in Him and no longer “sorrow” in our afflictions.

(10) But the God of all grace, who hath called us unto his eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after that ye have suffered a while, make you perfect, stablish, strengthen, settle you.
(11) To him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.
(12) By Silvanus, a faithful brother unto you, as I suppose, I have written briefly, exhorting, and testifying that this is the true grace of God wherein ye stand.

For in a “LITTLE WHILE” we shall not see Him and again, in a LITTLE WHILE, we shall see Him….as we are gathered together unto Him. We are to go to the Father…following the footsteps of Jesus. We are to go to the Son outside the camp of men while bearing His reproach….suffering the persecutions of those we leave behind.

John 16:16-20 KJV
(16) A little while, and ye shall not see me: and again, a little while, and ye shall see me, because I go to the Father.

After a “little while”, shall be gathered together unto Him…..

2 Thessalonians 2:1-4 KJV
(1) Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him,
(2) That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand.

But first, the “man of sin” shall reveal himself in every church……as they will not think kindly toward the Truth nor toward those who will receive it.

(3) Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;
(4) Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.

Like Diotrephes who is likened to the “man of sin”, those who love to be first among the churches will persecute any who will receive the Word of Truth as spoken by His messengers…the brothers who will be sent to them to speak it. They will oppose and exalt themselves as they will exercise their authority over their congregations. They will sit in the temple showing themselves that they are God....prating against His messengers with malicious words and forbidding others to receive them and casting those who do out.

3 John 1:9-12 KJV
(9) I wrote unto the church: but Diotrephes, who loveth to have the preeminence among them, receiveth us not.

(10) Wherefore, if I come, I will remember his deeds which he doeth, prating against us with malicious words: and not content therewith, neither doth he himself receive the brethren, and forbiddeth them that would, and casteth them out of the church.

Let us not follow after their "pernicious ways"....

(11) Beloved, follow not that which is evil, but that which is good. He that doeth good is of God: but he that doeth evil hath not seen God.
(12) Demetrius hath good report of all men, and of the truth itself: yea, and we also bear record; and ye know that our record is true.

Back