1. A place of fellowship, support, encouragement, and learning shared by members from all around the world. We pray that this online community helps you grow closer to God while you build relationships with other people. Our forums are free, easy to use and equipped with features to enhance your online experience. Sign Up Now >>

A little about me

Discussion in 'New Members Welcome' started by HisManySongs, Mar 1, 2006.

1. HisManySongs

HisManySongs Administrator Staff Member Supporter

Amens/Likes Received:
    A little about me

To start, the name I use comes from who I am, an attempt to answer the question ' and what do you do?'

I am a singer, a voice crying in the wilderness, a psalmist trying to use the gift God has given me for His glory. (The name actually came from my wife in the Native American tradition.)

I have written some songs and sing others as part of worship. I have even filled in for our pastor with 'Singing Sermons' which combine God's Word with musical interpretation. I have also sung in and directed choirs and even filled in as vocalist with the praise band at church.

While I will listen to most forms of music, I prefer what is called contemporary Christian. Among my favorites are Michael Card, Twila Paris, and Petra.

I do have a day job as an association executive with a nonprofit.

I grew up in and around NYC (Lets Go Mets) and moved around a bit before my wife and I settled in East Tennessee (Go Vols). We've been married 32 years; no human children, but our Eskimo dog is treated like one. My wife is an artist, a very accomplished pen-and-ink illustrator who recently discovered Adobe PhotoShop.

But mostly, I am a sinner saved by Grace; a begger telling other beggers where to find food.
  2. Jeff

Jeff Webmaster Staff Member Supporter

Gallery:
    Amens/Likes Received:
    Hello HisManySongs, welcome aboard CFS. :-D
    I like contemporary music too. Do you have some site where we could listen to your songs?
    Hope the forums enjoyable. :)
    pm me anytime.
  3. cly

cly Moderator

Amens/Likes Received:
    Welcome! It's nice to meet you, Hismanysongs! I like contemporary Christian too, but I have to admit, I love hymns and Southern Gospel as well.

I hope you like it here and find plenty to talk about.

In Christ,

CLY
  4. 3nails=love

3nails=love New Member

Amens/Likes Received:
    Pleasure to meet you HisManySongs! I hope you find this site as enjoyable as I have! Be blessed in Christ's name!
  5. Mark

Mark Member

Amens/Likes Received:
    Welcome

Welcome. I grew up in Conn cheering on the Mets. However, due to the girls BB rivalry, I moslty wish for Tenn to loose.

Hope you enjoy the forum. If you know of parents who could benefit from a forum with sharing and encouraging one another please let them know about the Family and Parenting portion of this site!

God bless and welcome again.