A Holy Life

Holiness .... from the greek and the hebrew the hebrew : " quadash " .... meaning " separateness " " withdrawal' and the Greek ... " hag " an equivalant of the hebrew word .

2 Corinthians 6:16-18
16 And what agreement has the temple of God with idols? For you[a] are the temple of the living God. As God has said:
“ I will dwell in them
And walk among them.
I will be their God,
And they shall be My people.”[b]
17 Therefore
“ Come out from among them
And be separate, says the Lord.
Do not touch what is unclean,
And I will receive you.”[c]
18 “ I will be a Father to you,
And you shall be My sons and daughters,
Says the LORD Almighty.”[d]

Quick fact . did you know that the word saint and holy come from the same word in the greek?

Thought . if we are holy then we are holy because He has made us holy .

Quick fact . did you know that the word saint and holy come from the same word in the greek?

Thought . if we are holy then we are holy because He has made us holy .

Yup that's right , Michael cause a saint ( which is us if we are believers ) means to be separated or dedicated to God and therefore a removal of secular beliefs and separation from those activities and being a new person dedicated to God .

I also believe that holiness does not just come naturally . It is a progression in our Christian walk with the Lord as the Holy Spirt shows us different areas of our life that needs attention . Maybe I am wrong but that is how I see it .

I'd agree there is a process of sanctification . but this raises a question So are we saints/holy when we first believe . i was under the impression everyone who believes is a saint . if there is a distinction as a verse in revelation implies . what is the difference between those who are righteous by faith .. what are people "holy" by?

I'd agree there is a process of sanctification . but this raises a question So are we saints/holy when we first believe . i was under the impression everyone who believes is a saint . if there is a distinction as a verse in revelation implies . what is the difference between those who are righteous by faith .. what are people "holy" by?

Hmmm ... It is my impression that all who are in a covenant relationship with God through repentance and faith in His Son are regarded as saints . ... the saints are God's chosen and peculiar people belonging exclusively to Him . Does that make sense ?

So we are separated from the world and sin ( not that we still don't sin ) and partake of God's holiness . Saints are suposed to live lives as a reflection of Jesus Christ .

Ephesians 4:1 ..... As a prisoner for the Lord, then, I urge you to live a life worthy of the calling you have received

Colosians 1:10 .... And we pray this in order that you may live a life worthy of the Lord and may please him in every way: bearing fruit in every good work, growing in the knowledge of God,

I get what you're saying through emphasis .. about effort . but that's an extension of faith too right?

So .. then "that which God has called Holy call not thou common" may just be the shoe that fits?

Yah you are right . Everything is acceptance by faith . And it is not a one time faith . It is an every day faith cause we are told to work at our salvation ... right . ? We can't just sit back and say ... Oh good I am saved ... that's it , I am going to heaven and not do anything to pattern our lives after Christ . Else what are we here for . ?

Hmmm ... It is my impression that all who are in a covenant relationship with God through repentance and faith in His Son are regarded as saints . ... the saints are God's chosen and peculiar people belonging exclusively to Him . Does that make sense ?

So we are separated from the world and sin ( not that we still don't sin ) and partake of God's holiness . Saints are suposed to live lives as a reflection of Jesus Christ .

It is an every day faith cause we are told to work at our salvation ... right . ? We can't just sit back and say ... Oh good I am saved ... that's it , I am going to heaven and not do anything to pattern our lives after Christ .

Amen Dusty.

Instead of 'work' we could say "walk' out your salvation.

Philippians 2:12 Therefore, my dear ones, as you have always obeyed [my suggestions], so now, not only [with the enthusiasm you would show] in my presence but much more because I am absent, work out (cultivate, carry out to the goal, and fully complete) your own salvation with reverence and awe and trembling (self-distrust, [a]with serious caution, tenderness of conscience, watchfulness against temptation, timidly shrinking from whatever might offend God and discredit the name of Christ).

I've seen alot of discussion lately about holiness and sin. We can live a holy life by the power of the Spirit and through communion with the Lord. The more time we spend with Him and more power we received to resist the temptations of the enemy. We become more like Him in His presence as we are changes from glory to glory

Back