1. Hello Guest! You are browsing the forums as a guest; you will have limited permissions as a guest so we advise registering to enjoy the forums fully. Remember: we are a Christian ONLY site - any user who is not Christian will not be approved. Blessings, Christian Forum Site Staff
    Dismiss Notice

A Godly Wife

Discussion in 'Marriage and Relationships' started by violet, Jul 5, 2007.

1. A Godly Wife

Scriptures on a Godly Woman's Duties

Our Duty Towards our Husband:

* I am to be my husbands helper (aid, assistant) Gen. 2:18
    * My body belongs to my husband, also. 1 Cor. 7:3-5
    * I am to be a fruitful vine. Ps. 128:3
    * I am to SUBMIT to my husband. 1 Peter 3:5,6
    * I am to LOVE my husband. Titus 2:4
    * I am to LEARN from my husband. 1 Cor. 14:34,35
    * I am to REVERENCE my husband. Eph. 5:33
    * I am to be TRUSTWORTHY. Proverbs 31:11,12
    * I am to be OBEDIENT to my own husband. Titus 2:5
    * I am to be his COMPANION. Mal 2:14
    * I am to be a PRUDENT (act wisely)wife. Pr. 19:14
    * I am to do my husband GOOD and not evil all the days
    of his life. Pr. 31:12

* I am not to bring shame to my husband. Pr. 12:4
    * I am not to be a contentious wife. Pr. 19:13,21:9
  2. Thanks for these scriptures Violet.
  3. You are most welcome!
  4. I am Christian, but do not agree with all of those statements. Most of them though. Thanks for posting.
  5. Wow! I think I have to higher my standards! :p
  6. thank you
  7. Godly Wife Duties....

I just want to thank you so much for posting these duties with the scriptures attached as well.

I am having a very difficult time being a Godly wife and therefore it is making it very difficult for my husband to be a Godly husband.

I was a single mom for 8 years and very stuck in my ways and being in charge. I need all the help i can get.

I stumbled across your list and am posting on my mirror, in my car and my fridge as a constant reminder.

If you could explain more in depth each one, i would greatly appreciate it or any help or advice that you can give me.

Again thank you so much... God Bless You!:pray:

8. Hi Dawn,
    I hope Violet doesnt mind me jumping in here?
    Marriage is meant to reflect the relationship between Jesus and the Church,
    so it is about two becoming one, and Christ being formed in both of them.
    We cant be the wife (or hisband) that God wants us to be without Him doing it.
    I know that unless He graces me that I get resentful and angry and tetchy, so I read what the scripture says, I pray it over my marriage, and I ask the Lord to do it in me.
  9. Great post Violet.

A little clarification though. The first on the list (above) is almost innacurate. The word used in Genesis 2:18 is help meet. A help meet is not an assistant or helper, he/she is one who comes along side of a person, a companion and fellow worker. It implies a more equal standing than the words "helper" or "assistant".

I only bring this up because too often there is misunderstanding about the role of women in the family and church. It is not a subordinate position, it is a different position. In a marriage a woman is to submit to the husband and a husband is to submit to the wife. The wife's body belongs to the husband and the husband's body belongs to the wife. There is a balance!

Spearfish, SD
  10. This is true, what you said, but the man does have the final say.....in my opinion.
    As long as he is serving God!

11. Violet - this pretty much sums up why I'm not married today.:eek:

My ex-wife was very controlling. She had to have the final say with everything. It didn't start out this way, but this was what it turned into very quickly.

She also had a child before we were married (not mine). After two years of marriage, my ex-wife turned to me one day and out of the blue told me: "Don't ever try to make me decide between you and her, because she'll win."

Wait a minute. I thought when we were married, we became one flesh? Things fell apart quickly after that. They rattled apart. I was 26, she was 42. I was her third husband.

After I divorced her, she married a 28 year old man. He died of a heart attack a year later.:eek:

Today she lives a single life in her mother's house with her daughter at her side.

I also know men who have taken advantage of the rules by which women should live. He used his wife as an uncompensated servant, a driven slave, a punching bag (mental and physical). When he was disciplined for it, he always quoted the bible. After his wife passed away, he went mad.

My point is: There are rules to be a good wife...yeah. But with those rules, men should realize that there are also rules to being a good husband. A wife isn't like a pet or a toy, she's an extension of you. One in the same flesh. The rules Violet mentioned don't give men the right to treat women any way that they want to and get away with it. All of God's creations should be treated with respect. Including women, the mothers.

Just wanted to add my two cents into the pot.:)

Women are tender, beautiful, delicate gifts to any life; as mothers, sisters, aunts, grandmothers, wives, girlfriends, friends, etc. They're built more delicately and should be handled with care. :)
  12. I'm so glad you put that in I believe that as well:D

From a grand-ma here WW your'e getting better looking all the time:eek:
    Ditto ...............

Now Violet can we have the
    "Scriptures on a Godly Man's Duties

Our Duty Towards our Wives:

Years ago in Church there was a book on being a Godly Wife that was good though it still spoke of things like sewing...
    Anyway when I asked for the Husbands book, they said there wasn't any... I guess that may explain in part the high divorced rate with-in thre Church today...:eek:
  13. Hey, Violet! [​IMG] It sounds like you have been reading the book "Created To Be His Helpmeet" by Debi Pearl. I havent finished the book, myself, but so far, it has changed the way I relate to my husband and my houseduties! Great book! But alot of women would balk at the "old fashioned ideas" it presents. Maybe becoming modern has harmed more than helped, huh?
  14. I'm 54........ what is considered old fashion :confused: I Wonder...

I think it's sewing quilts from clothes no longer worn:)

My mother-in-law use to wax the wooden floor underneath the rug...
  15. You are so appreciative and such a good man!
  16. Thanks, Fluffy~
  17. God designed man to be the leader of the household. not in a domineering fashion, but in a godly fashion.

women have it easy.. all they have to do is submit to a man's leadership.. men have the hard part.. LEADING.. lol..
  18. Teaching a Wife's Role too Soon?

Hi! My daughter is 17, and she just got engaged and we are currently planning her wedding. Since she was 13, I have been impressing upon her the importance of house stuff like cooking, cleaning, and as such has always helped me around the house. My husband homeschools are three duaghters and so I am the sole provider. My daughters have always seemed a bit more mature than others in their age bracket who werent homeschooled. I am concerned that me pushing to be so mature has caused her to choose marriage so far in advance of her age. Some of friend's daughters are considering college, traveling, but my daughter is so determined to become married, start a family, and become independent so soon. Did I make a mistake by impressing her about a woman's role too much?
  19. Whenever I read Gods Word, which I know to be absolutely true.
    And God has asked me to do things that are very difficult, uncomfortable, and even sometimes, to me, seem almost impossible.

I remind myself, that God does not want what is good for me.

God does not want what is second best for me.

God does not want things that are easy for me.

God wants what is "BEST" for me.