1. Hello Guest! You are browsing the forums as a guest; you will have limited permissions as a guest so we advise registering to enjoy the forums fully. Remember: we are a Christian ONLY site - any user who is not Christian will not be approved. Blessings, Christian Forum Site Staff
    Dismiss Notice

A Few Photos Of Nature

Discussion in 'Gallery' started by comfy, May 24, 2013.

1. Where it is hard and rocky . . .
    we still can grow and go, if we are rooted in God's love . . .

"that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith;
    that you, being rooted and grounded in love,
    may be able to comprehend with all the saints
    what is the width and length and depth and height---"
    (Ephesians 3:17-18)
    Veronica W. likes this.
  2. Hi, Josh :) Thank you; I'm glad you appreciate it. So, of course, thank You, God :)

So, you do wedding photography? One time, our church had a wedding, and I helped a lady to video for us; I enjoyed this.

I use a cell camera; this is a very high-tech cultural step, for me, to get a cell cam :)

I was using what seemed like Internet publicly available photos for my devotional sharing, but then I was not sure if I should use other people's things, even if it was legal . . . even when ones said it was ok. And, one time, I had a photo in a forum devotional and it disappeared > I went to the source site to see if it was still there, and it apparently had been removed. So, I realized I could not be sure what people would do with their photos after I started using them.

So, I appreciate having ones I have done, and having a publicly free site where I can share photos with others . . . freely > "Freely you have received, freely give." (in Matthew 10:8) And this place lets me share them here; so I appreciate this hospitality.
  3. Here's a bigger view of my avatar photo that we have now . . . Friday May 24, 2013.

This is I think a Japanese maple, with the nice red leaves with their slender extensions. The design of its leaves is different than other trees, and special . . . like how God has made us His special people.

And this was taken after it had been raining lightly.

And two points, maybe of the same leaf, here, are sharing that rain drop! :)

This is how we can be in a special relationship > yes, we have our roots in the same source, of God's love with all our other Jesus family people, plus that shared drop of pure clear fresh water can represent how we have our personal sharing of the living and loving water of God's love; that drop is like a precious gem of love that we enjoy together :)

So, for me, this celebrates sharing with a Christian lady whom I admire and appreciate and enjoy.

But, yes, we must not get isolated in only loving one another > "For if you love those who love you, what reward have you?" (in Matthew 5:46) One leaf on the tree is not enough to keep the tree alive :) We are with all our others with whom we grow. "We don't want to be like leaves that fall, in their love; but we need to grow in love, all together."
  4. One experiment I enjoy is putting my cell camera lens down under a low-lying flower,
    then aiming upward, and seeing what I get >

5. Great photo; kind of 'between a rock and a hard place'...!

6. I use a cell camera, and it has advantages of being easy to carry and I can put the lens down to the ground under a flower and aim up to get a nice sky art background.

However, it does not zoom close to things at some distance. So, when I try to calmly and nicely get close to a bird or a bunny >

I may not even get this much of a close-up ^

In the case of this one, I had two bunnies near a tree behind where I stay. I started moving toward them - - wow! for a close-up of not one, but two rabbits. And they seemed busy just hanging out with each other. Then another rabbit came running out from a bush and chased those two out of the yard at this corner! and stopped and stayed here, for a little while, but not "too" close to me.

What I think happened, is maybe this one was their mother . . . who chased them away from me so they would learn not to trust humans. So, she turned the tables > instead of me using her youngsters for a photo op, she used me to teach them a lesson.

Like this, our Father uses things for His purposes. Even things we may do, supposing it is for something we want or even what we think will do so much for God . . . He can turn the selfish thing to His purpose, plus He can use our well-meaning things for better than we hope to accomplish :)

So, God bless us

7. Good photos! :)

8. O_o

Harvey the wonder hamster?
  9. cute rat :)
  10. Looks like them rats I used to see running around Baghdad; Like a large hamster-but definitely a rat.
  11. So were you in the Forces, Dirt.? and did you take photos of Iraq while you were there? (if allowed).

12. I've got a few pics, was a DoD contractor at the time.

Did 4 years in the army in the 90s. Got to visit the Ziggurat in Ur....kind of neat to be near where Abram started off.
  13. Interesting! :)
  14. Yes, the places that are unpopular are where God has been doing His plan.
  15. Interesting point.
  16. [​IMG]

Oh, hi! Do we know each other??
  17. [​IMG]
    "cute couple"

Each of these flowers is made up of some number of smaller "bells",
    if I see them right.

To me, this can represent how each of us Christians is, in a way,
    made up of all the Jesus people who have helped us to become saved
    and have been our examples feeding us how to be and love.

"nor as being lords over those entrusted to you,
    but being examples to the flock." (1 Peter 5:3)
  18. Interesting application!

In which country was the photo taken, if I may ask?