A Deeper Closer Look At Who Jesus Really Was

Hey, if you guys 'n gals don't wish to take
A deeper closer look at who Jesus really was
it's okay with me!

I have no desire to argue with you. But a "deeper, closer" look at who Jesus IS is a wonderful thing to do as far as I am concerned. BUT what you are trying to do is have us consider YOUR opinion which is not a deeper, closer look at who Jesus is at all but a look at who YOU think He is.

Now, to take a deeper look at Jesus is to take a deeper look at God Himself.

We live in an age of religious pluralism and moral relativism. Pick a religion and follow it sincerely, and you’ll get to Heaven. That’s what the world believes, but Jesus teaches otherwise.

So, Who is Jesus? He Was 100% Man

According to John 1:14, Jesus became flesh and made His dwelling among us.

Why is His humanity so important? In Hebrews 4:15, Jesus was tempted in every way, just as we are. As such, Jesus can sympathize with our weakness as humans. What can we learn from the way Jesus handled temptation?

According to 1 John 3:5, Jesus came to earth in human form so that He could die a physical death and take away our sins. How would we all be affected, if we had no potential for escape from our sins?

Jesus is the key to membership in God’s family. When He stooped to our level by becoming a man, He made it possible for us to relate to Him and for God to relate to us through Him.

Who is Jesus? He Was 100% God
Who is Jesus, and how was it possible that Christ’s human body held the whole deity and glory of God?

According to John 1:1-3, Jesus existed from the beginning. From the beginning, Jesus was with God, and Jesus was God. Here, the Bible establishes the inseparable nature of Jesus and the God of the Universe. The following verses provide further evidence that Jesus is 100% God:

Jesus is the key to membership in God’s family. When He established His deity by rising from the grave, He made it possible for us to have forgiveness from sin and a renewed relationship with God.

Who is Jesus? He is the Way to Heaven

Who is Jesus, and why is He the only path to salvation?

In John 14:6, Jesus declares: “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.”

Why is it important to know that NO other religious leaders throughout history have ever made these claims?

According to Ephesians 2:8-9, “For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith - and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God - not by works, so that no one can boast.”

How does this contrast with other world religions which are based on “works” versus faith in Jesus and the resurrection? If we can’t build a relationship with God by doing good deeds or repeating rituals, what must we do?

Acts 4:12 is clear, “Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to men by which we must be saved.”

If you want to have a deeper, closer look at God and what He would say today. Look at what Jesus said when He was here on this earth.

If you want to have deeper, closer look at what God would do in a situation, consider what Jesus did while here on this earth because Jesus is God! His name is Jesus and His position is the Christ.

I have no desire to argue with you. But a "deeper, closer" look at who Jesus IS is a wonderful thing to do as far as I am concerned. BUT what you are trying to do is have us consider YOUR opinion which is not a deeper, closer look at who Jesus is at all but a look at who YOU think He is.

Now, to take a deeper look at Jesus is to take a deeper look at God Himself.

We live in an age of religious pluralism and moral relativism. Pick a religion and follow it sincerely, and you’ll get to Heaven. That’s what the world believes, but Jesus teaches otherwise.

So, Who is Jesus? He Was 100% Man

According to John 1:14, Jesus became flesh and made His dwelling among us.

Why is His humanity so important? In Hebrews 4:15, Jesus was tempted in every way, just as we are. As such, Jesus can sympathize with our weakness as humans. What can we learn from the way Jesus handled temptation?

According to 1 John 3:5, Jesus came to earth in human form so that He could die a physical death and take away our sins. How would we all be affected, if we had no potential for escape from our sins?

Jesus is the key to membership in God’s family. When He stooped to our level by becoming a man, He made it possible for us to relate to Him and for God to relate to us through Him.

Who is Jesus? He Was 100% God
Who is Jesus, and how was it possible that Christ’s human body held the whole deity and glory of God?

According to John 1:1-3, Jesus existed from the beginning. From the beginning, Jesus was with God, and Jesus was God. Here, the Bible establishes the inseparable nature of Jesus and the God of the Universe. The following verses provide further evidence that Jesus is 100% God:

Jesus is the key to membership in God’s family. When He established His deity by rising from the grave, He made it possible for us to have forgiveness from sin and a renewed relationship with God.

Who is Jesus? He is the Way to Heaven

Who is Jesus, and why is He the only path to salvation?

In John 14:6, Jesus declares: “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.”

Why is it important to know that NO other religious leaders throughout history have ever made these claims?

According to Ephesians 2:8-9, “For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith - and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God - not by works, so that no one can boast.”

How does this contrast with other world religions which are based on “works” versus faith in Jesus and the resurrection? If we can’t build a relationship with God by doing good deeds or repeating rituals, what must we do?

Acts 4:12 is clear, “Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to men by which we must be saved.”

If you want to have a deeper, closer look at God and what He would say today. Look at what Jesus said when He was here on this earth.

If you want to have deeper, closer look at what God would do in a situation, consider what Jesus did while here on this earth because Jesus is God! His name is Jesus and His position is the Christ.

AMEN!

I have to admit E-77's selection and use of the word "was" when referencing Jesus kinda stuck in my "craw," too, if I may. Perhaps it was a simple mistake made by you, E-77, but it would never occur to me to think of Jesus, The Logos Incarnate, in past tense.

As a new Christian, one of the 1st concepts I learned about The Almighty Creator God was that He IS; that God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit are ONE; that He (all three Persons) existed TOGETHER as ONE before time began; and that He is never-changing, the SAME today as He "was" then. Why such the disconnect? It's really quite simple, IMHO.

Last I read, the Bible says dividing marrow and bone is His job, not ours. Although we have been given the ability to reason, some more than others, our minds simply cannot completely understand all of the wonderful mysteries of God. I am reminded that when He calls us to His Presence once and for all we will understand so much more than we do now about just how wonderfully He created all things...until then, I am just trying to focus on loving Him better every day I have breath. Isn't that what He really wants, our love and devotion, more than our ability to reason HOW He got here? Let's be wise and mature Christians and not let satan redirect our focus to distract us from the purpose to which Jesus has called us - to LOVE.

AMEN!

I have to admit E-77's selection and use of the word "was" when referencing Jesus kinda stuck in my "craw," too, if I may. Perhaps it was a simple mistake made by you, E-77, but it would never occur to me to think of Jesus, The Logos Incarnate, in past tense.

As a new Christian, one of the 1st concepts I learned about The Almighty Creator God was that He IS; that God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit are ONE; that He (all three Persons) existed TOGETHER as ONE before time began; and that He is never-changing, the SAME today as He "was" then. Why such the disconnect? It's really quite simple, IMHO.

Last I read, the Bible says dividing marrow and bone is His job, not ours. Although we have been given the ability to reason, some more than others, our minds simply cannot completely understand all of the wonderful mysteries of God. I am reminded that when He calls us to His Presence once and for all we will understand so much more than we do now about just how wonderfully He created all things...until then, I am just trying to focus on loving Him better every day I have breath. Isn't that what He really wants, our love and devotion, more than our ability to reason HOW He got here? Let's be wise and mature Christians and not let satan redirect our focus to distract us from the purpose to which Jesus has called us - to LOVE.

Very true sister!

God bless you!

The first part of my deeper look in the OP was pointing out that ...
since Jesus Christ was 100% man, technically He could not have been exactly like
anything/anyone in Heaven, be it the Word, the Son of God, or whomever.
Do you get the first part?

E-77's selection and use of the word "was" when referencing Jesus kinda stuck in my "craw," too, if I may.
Perhaps it was a simple mistake made by you, E-77, but
it would never occur to me to think of Jesus, The Logos Incarnate, in past tense.
Yes, that's why we're trying to take a deeper look at Jesus.
I was referring to Him when He was on earth for 33 1/2 years.
This is a "was" time period ... when He was 100% man.
Does this sound like Jesus before His birth, and after His ascension?
Was He 100% man in Heaven before coming to earth, and after ascending?

You are STILL trying to rationalize GOD. I will not bite.

E-77 may I ask you for your opinion on the ramifications of the following passage?
Gen 1:26,27,28.
To what extent are we created in the image of God?
What is the significance of Jesus' mastery over nature in the light of the passage in Genesis?
Matt 14:25,26,27 ,28,29,30. Mark 4:39. Luke 5:4,5,6,7.
What has happened to this 'image of God' since the incident between Adam, Eve and the serpent?
Is Jesus the only ever likeness of man to appear from heaven? Read Genesis chapter 18. It is clear that one of the three was the Lord. The other two, we are not told, so leave speculation to the speculators.
Also, we are told that Jesus the Christ of God is also the image of God. 2 Cor 4:4. And Col 1:15.
So, what is your opinion of these matters?

The first part of my deeper look in the OP was pointing out that ...
since Jesus Christ was 100% man, technically He could not have been exactly like
anything/anyone in Heaven, be it the Word, the Son of God, or whomever.
Do you get the first part?

The question should be......do YOU get the first part??

Jesus was ALWAYS with God. He is the 2nd person of the Trinity. The point is that YOU have missed the fact that Jesus Always was God but He did not have the NAME JESUS until He was incarnated through the virgin birth.

John 1:1-4
King James Version (KJV)
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
2 The same was in the beginning with God.
3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

John 1:1-4
King James Version (KJV)
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.2 The same was in the beginning with God.3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

It was at His birth that He was called Jesus. He was always the Christ, the Son of God, Messiah, The Angel of the Lord,
The Great God Almighty, THE CREATOR.

Luke 1:31
King James Version (KJV)
31 And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name Jesus.

When He assended back to heaven, then there was something in heaven that never had been....the GOD-MAN Jesus THE Christ.

He was always the Christ but did not carry the name Jesus until his incarnation. That does NOT make Him any less of God at all BUT my friend...........the way you are trying to express your opinion, that is what is being perceived from all who have responded to your opinion.

Major,
I know you won't comprehend any of this, but maybe someone will ...
My wife is American, and was Valedictorian of her Grade 12 graduating class.
She does not understand the value and meaning of words.
To help her do her Engineering Analyst job, I had to teach her basic English and Arithmetic.
She says Americans are not taught how to think and analyze.
Maybe that's why you don't understand a technicality?

E-77 may I ask you for your opinion on the ramifications of the following passage? Gen 1:26,27,28.
To what extent are we created in the image of God?
What is the significance of Jesus' mastery over nature in the light of the passage in Genesis?
Matt 14:25,26,27 ,28,29,30. Mark 4:39. Luke 5:4,5,6,7.
What has happened to this 'image of God' since the incident between Adam, Eve and the serpent?
Is Jesus the only ever likeness of man to appear from heaven? Read Genesis chapter 18. It is clear that one of the three was the Lord. The other two, we are not told, so leave speculation to the speculators.
Also, we are told that Jesus the Christ of God is also the image of God. 2 Cor 4:4. And Col 1:15.
So, what is your opinion of these matters?
Who knows for sure what Gen 1:26-27 means re: God's image and our image?
There are lots of theories about this, but I have no interest in it, nor do I have an opinion.
Why don't you start a thread about it.

Major,
To help her do her Engineering Analyst job, I had to teach her basic English and Arithmetic.
Sir, your posted reply to Major requires substantial explanation. You imply that your wife secured a position of 'Engineering Analyst' prior to learning basic English and Arithmetic? This is most remarkable...normally one would need an elevated scholastic attainment in Mathematics (among other skills) to even be considered for such a vocation. A truly remarkable achievement! Or is this not what you were trying to say?
You then , having established your own grasp of English among other things, replied to my post as follows:
Who knows for sure what Gen 1:26-27 means re: God's image and our image?
There are lots of theories about this, but I have no interest in it, nor do I have an opinion.
Why don't you start a thread about it.
If I may make a few observations here: The Book of Genesis, is so named because it is foundational to the 'secondary' revelation of God (that is a theological term for the Scriptures). As such it should be and is expected to be of interest to all who seek a closer more fully informed knowledge of God's interaction with mankind.
Sir, there is no requirement for me to start a thread about the subject passage as it was hoped that you would, (having analyzed my post) been able to respond in a respectful and educated manner. Since you have not done so, a new thread is not likely to produce a better result.

I don't know you, I can only determine what type of person you are by what you say.

I would call that rude, arrogant even. If you are so erudite why do you condescend to enlighten the peons?

I call BS. 1. If I spoke that that way about my wife I'd be sleeping alone for a month.
2. You have essentially called your wife an idiot.
3. I have an old school education, try me for size.

What technicality are you referring to? So far you have left us in the dark.
If you have the whit and skills you claim, please illucidate.

Mod hat on here:

Gentlemen, let's keep the tone civil. Evangelist-77, you introduced this subject in the Bible Study forum. You introduced a different perspective on who Jesus is. Being in a forum for study and a perspective different from what many hold, it is natural that what you have brought to the table would be examined, questioned, and challenged. I realize it can be frustrating when people either don't seem to "get" what seems to clear in your own mind, or when they simply disagree, but an approach of patiently answering those challenges will bear more fruit than adopting a defensive posture.

For the rest of us, let us also adopt an attitude of patience and goodwill. Not only is that simple Christian virtue, but it is really the only way to make this a productive discussion.

Rumely,

Yes, that was extremely well stated.
I have a problem when people simply don't understand what I'm saying (in correct and simple English).
It's like ... why continue?
This happens in conversation as well.
Sometimes, I have to come at it from 3 different angles until the person gets it.
IMO, it's all a matter of understanding the value of words, and the actual meaning of them.
And then there are other problems beyond this.
But, I'm preaching to the choir ... you being a Moderator!

Rumely,

Yes, that was extremely well stated.
I have a problem when people simply don't understand what I'm saying (in correct and simple English).
It's like ... why continue?
This happens in conversation as well.
Sometimes, I have to come at it from 3 different angles until the person gets it.
IMO, it's all a matter of understanding the value of words, and the actual meaning of them.
And then there are other problems beyond this.
But, I'm preaching to the choir ... you being a Moderator!

Sometimes the best thing to do is to just say what you mean clearly the 1st time.

Then you need to consider that there are some extremely wise Christians who are well educated (Not me, I am just an old country boy) and they understand what you said but do not agree with you.

Back