1. Hello Guest! You are browsing the forums as a guest; you will have limited permissions as a guest so we advise registering to enjoy the forums fully. Remember: we are a Christian ONLY site - any user who is not Christian will not be approved. Blessings, Christian Forum Site Staff
    Dismiss Notice

A couple of paintings and sketch

Discussion in 'Gallery' started by Reborn, Nov 1, 2010.

1. 0710280002.JPG
    fishing reworked.jpg
    long walk home.jpg
    I do these as and when time allows, sometimes painting or sketching outside if I find a scene I like.

2. Your pictures are brilliant, the Christmassy one is very cute too :)
  3. Thanks Becca, I wasn't expecting the last one to be so big. :D
  4. I love the fisherman one :)
    Its very peaceful and serene.

Id hang that in my house if I saw it at HomeGoods or something!

Great talent you got!
  5. You have such an amazing talent! You said before you thought you weren't very good - but you definitlely ARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Do you do watercolors or something else?
  6. Thankyou for those kind words! I use various sorts of medium, I started out in Watercolour using a magazine that came out every two weeks and then tried Acrylics, they are nice because you can cover up your mistakes, lol. I often go back to sketching as it refreshes my mind on tonal values and shading. I tried Pastel but in powder form I'm allergic to it so just experimenting with Pastel Oils. Here's a Watercolour I did of a small village somewhere in Hampshire. I am pleased with this one.

Attached Files:

7. Wow, pretty watercolour :) Your very talented!
  8. Nice work!

I like the last watercolour village most. Using masking Fluid is a good companion to watercolour as you can preserve areas for your highlights.
    If you want more tips I'll be happy to help you.
    Reborn likes this.
  9. Thanks Becca, it's good to know where to come for advice with painting, thankyou.