A bit of history that will really make you think.

I don't know why, but I like studying about the world wars and have learned that they were related in many ways. In a manner of speaking, WWI never truly "ended."
But I ran across an event that made me sit and ponder a while.
After a battle in WWI there was a young, weary German soldier who was standing on the battle field. When he looked up he saw a British soldier a few yards away. The British soldier had his rifle pointed directly at the German. It was a clear, open easy shot. They looked at each other for what felt like a long time but was probably only a minute. Then, the British soldier...possibly weary of all the carnage...lowered his rifle. He then motioned for the young German soldier to move along, which he did.
The young German soldier...................................

.....................was Adolf Hitler.

Would the world had ever known if the British soldier had pulled his trigger?

I don't know why, but I like studying about the world wars and have learned that they were related in many ways. In a manner of speaking, WWI never truly "ended."
After a battle in WWI there was a young, weary German soldier who was standing on the battle field. When he looked up he saw a British soldier a few yards away. The British soldier had his rifle pointed directly at the German. It was a clear, open easy shot. They looked at each other for what felt like a long time but was probably only a minute. Then, the British soldier...possibly weary of all the carnage...lowered his rifle. He then motioned for the young German soldier to move along, which he did.

It is said that his own people tried to assassinate him about 22 times. Then throw in the times he just was missed by air raids and bombs and so on and I think that we can see that he had some kind of Satanic protection. He was without a doubt an Anti-Christ.

Definitely an interesting fact of his life. Thanks for sharing :)

Yesterday, I too thought of WWI because of how it started and wondered if the assassination of the Russian Ambassador to Turkey would become a "Ferdinand Moment" in history (http://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/archduke-franz-ferdinand-assassinated).

Only time will tell, but independently, each one of my family thought the exact same thing.

Yesterday, I too thought of WWI because of how it started and wondered if the assassination of the Russian Ambassador to Turkey would become a "Ferdinand Moment" in history (http://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/archduke-franz-ferdinand-assassinated).

I HOPE not.
WWI was really crazy. That assassination before WWI was used an excuse for one country to "declare war" upon another. Actually, they were just wanting more territory and used it as an excuse to declare war. Out of the dozen or so nations that got involved in WWI only the original two had a real "dog in the fight." All the other nations got involved simply because they had a treaty with another nation. It sad to think how many thousands died not really knowing why they were fighting.

Back