1. Hello Guest! You are browsing the forums as a guest; you will have limited permissions as a guest so we advise registering to enjoy the forums fully. Remember: we are a Christian ONLY site - any user who is not Christian will not be approved. Blessings, Christian Forum Site Staff
    Dismiss Notice

66 Books in 66 Words

Discussion in 'Literature and Poetry' started by Archippus, Jun 13, 2008.

1. 66 Books in 66 Words

This is a wittily concise and rhythmic chant summarizing the chronology of the Bible (not authored by me, but copied with permission):

God begins
    Adam sins
    Noah arks
    Abe embarks
    Jacob lies
    Joseph's rise
    bush talks
    Pharaoh balks
    sea divides
    Pillar guides
    Lawful rocks
    nation walks
    Promised Land
    Judges stand
    Saul flails
    David fails
    kingdom broke
    prophets spoke
    city burned
    Jews returned
    Jesus birth
    God on Earth
    villains rise
    Saviour dies
    Saintly fears
    Lord appears!
    Dove descends
    News extends
    He Comes again
    Judges men
    Eternity bright
    Endless light
  2. Cool. I just don't like the 6's. O_O

3. Not to worry...they don't come in threes! :)

I think this is really catchy; perhaps good for Sunday school. Kids would like it.
  4. The rhyming part is cool! I agree - I think this is a great way to introduce young children to the Bible (kind of like something they can repeat during Sabbath/Sunday School during lessons or an "The Bible in less than 66 words!" :D).

:) Thanks for sharing!
  5. Did anyone else when reading it sing it to the tune of "we didn't start the fire"? :D
  6. That would be cool if we all knew the tune. Is there a site you can post so we could hear it?
  7. hahaha, sure. It's an old Billy Joel song:

The short verses of the poem would fit well with the song, I think. Would be cool if someone make a Christian parody on youtube. :D