1. Hello Guest! You are browsing the forums as a guest; you will have limited permissions as a guest so we advise registering to enjoy the forums fully. Remember: we are a Christian ONLY site - any user who is not Christian will not be approved. Blessings, Christian Forum Site Staff
    Dismiss Notice

50 Biblical Reasons for Honoring Jesus Through Mary

Discussion in 'Bible Study' started by MrGroceries, Apr 22, 2015.

1. Since we're to honor all men, why single her out? Why not include Jesus' six siblings (Mark 6:1-3, Matthew 13:54-57, Acts 1:14) too? Putting anyone above another is just plain wrong. That's the truth.

Romans 2:11 (KJV)
    For there is no respect of persons with God. ​

Romans 3:23 (KJV)
    For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God; ​
    CCW95A, Fish Catcher Jim, Silk and 1 other person say Amen and like this.
  2. There are no good reasons for bringing honour to Jesus through Mary.

Matthew 12:48-50
    He replied to the man speaking to him, “Who is my mother, and who are my brothers?” 49 Pointing with his hand at his disciples, he said, “Look, here are my mother and my brothers. 50 Whoever does what my Father in heaven wants is my brother and sister and mother.”
    Fish Catcher Jim likes this.
  3. Rev 22:7 Behold, I come quickly: blessed is he that keepeth the sayings of the prophecy of this book.
    Rev 22:8 And I John saw these things, and heard them. And when I had heard and seen, I fell down to worship before the feet of the angel which shewed me these things.
    Rev 22:9 Then saith he unto me, See thou do it not: for I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren the prophets, and of them which keep the sayings of this book: worship God.

These verses seem to contradict veneration other than to God. Face plants to messengers of God mean awe - not nessesarily worship or veneration of the angel but that he clearly carries the word of God. The phrase "don't kill the messenger" also implies you don't worship them either.
    Fish Catcher Jim and Euphemia say Amen and like this.
  4. That phrase can also mean, "don't kill the angel"! :D
    Silk likes this.
  5. Well...only if he's fallen...(joke)
    Abdicate likes this.