4/11/2020 Resurrection Sabbath-Alfred Station Seventh Day Baptist Pastor Ken “Jesus’s Last Words on the Cross part 3”

4/11/2020 Resurrection Sabbath-Alfred Station Seventh Day Baptist Pastor Ken “Jesus’s Last Words on the Cross part 3” Matt 27:45-47, Psalm 22:1

Today is the celebration of the resurrection of Jesus Christ our Lord and Savior. The resurrection of Jesus has declared Him to be the Son of God. The fact is that our salvation depends on the resurrection of Jesus Christ. We must believe that God raised Jesus from the dead so that we can be saved. The words that we are looking at today are when Jesus said “My God, My God why have you forsaken me?”

The word “Trinity” means the same as when Jesus said to baptize people in the name of the Father, the name of the Son and the name of the Holy Ghost. Jesus was both man and God in one person. In the scriptures, at the crucifixion there was darkness between 12 noon and 3:00 pm. In this three hour period, darkness came because the Creation was in mourning because Jesus was dying. Jesus called out to God and the Father had not abandoned Him. In Psalm 22:1 it says “My God, my God why has thou forsaken me?” Jesus was quoting this psalm scripture out loud because He knew the Word and was using the Word of His Father as strength.

We are currently going through this pandemic/coronavirus. We can use the same strength from the Word of God to get us through it. The Father did not abandon Jesus. It was the Word of God that gave Jesus the strength to go through what He had to go through to complete his mission and do the will of the Father.

Today we pray to God to give us the strength of His Word to go through all that is happening today. We request the same strength that God gave to His Son Jesus as He was dying on the cross for the sins of the entire world. We thank you Jesus, we thank you God for your eternal love and your eternal salvation in Jesus’s name.

AMEN

Back