1. Hello Guest! You are browsing the forums as a guest; you will have limited permissions as a guest so we advise registering to enjoy the forums fully. Remember: we are a Christian ONLY site - any user who is not Christian will not be approved. Blessings, Christian Forum Site Staff
    Dismiss Notice

3-2-1 Cake

Discussion in 'Recipes and Cooking' started by PeaceLikeaRiver, Aug 18, 2014.

1. Everyone should know this recipe because it's a great way to have a piece of cake anytime without making a full cake which will go to waste. It just makes a really fast single piece of cake.

The title refers to the directions, 3 tbsp cake mix, 2 tbsp water, 1 minute in the microwave.

To make the cake mix
    • 1 (16 ounce) box angel food cake mix
    • 1 (18 ounce) box cake mix (any flavor)
    To make the individual cake
    • 3 tablespoons of the cake mix
    • 2 tablespoons water
    1. Mix Angel Food cake mix and your choice flavor cake mix (I used devils' food).
    2. Put both in zip lock bag and mix well.
    3. When ready for your quick cake snack attack, take 3 tablespoons cake mix.
    4. Put in microwavable small ramekin or bowl.
    5. Mix in 2 tablespoons water; mix well.
    6. Microwave on high, 1 minute.
    7. Cool and top with whipped cream or icing of your choice or just eat it plain.
    8. Just enough for that quick fix, snack attack!
    9. Prep time includes opening and mixing the cake mixes in zip lock bag and measuring out mix and water and mixing together.
    10. ENJOY!
    TezriLi likes this.
  2. I'm wondering about the deeper spiritual implications of mixing angel food and devil's food...
    TezriLi and PeaceLikeaRiver say Amen and like this.
  3. There's a metaphor here somewhere :)
    TezriLi likes this.
  4. I'm in the clear, I usually mix angel food with red velvet cake mix! No devils involved.
    TezriLi and DavidG say Amen and like this.
  5. Actually the devil's food version sounds amazing. I'll have to try some of that cake syncretism goodness :)
  6. Neither are usually kosher. Be careful! At least angel food usually is.... :D
  7. Rememberest not to maketh cake that is unequally yoked. For the angel(food) and the devil(food) art enemies and will only causeth your works to hath the appearance of ash. - Goldman 1:5
    TezriLi and DavidG say Amen and like this.
  8. My cakes are always equally yolked. And whited too.
    TezriLi likes this.