24 elders

I knew I shoulda looked:
Rev 4:6
And before the throne there was a sea of glass like unto crystal: and in the midst of the throne, and round about the throne, were four beasts full of eyes before and behind.
Rev 4:7
And the first beast was like a lion, and the second beast like a calf, and the third beast had a face as a man, and the fourth beast was like a flying eagle.
Rev 4:8
And the four beasts had each of them six wings about him; and they were full of eyes within: and they rest not day and night, saying, Holy, holy, holy, Lord God Almighty, which was, and is, and is to come.

They sure sound like the same creatures/beasts. There are 154 verses and 181 matches for beast....145 verses & 156 matches for beasts. 11 matches all in Rev for four beasts.

Interesting thing is Revelation describes these wings have eyes on them.
They could be sitting/standing in a circle, which might be why John saw them as having six wings, covering each other. Ezekiel saw them as each having four.
It seems they holding up the firmament of heaven. The crystal glass sea.

For some reason, I always think ground for firmament. According to merriam-webster that is obsolete:
Full Definition of FIRMAMENT
: the vault or arch of the sky : heavens
obsolete: basis
The 4 creatures of Ezekial came to announce he was a prophet - chosen of God. Messengers-angels? One of the faces is that of man. Idk - maybe it's part of how angels can appear?

Sorry I might have missed your post Silk. Must have been posting at same time!

Orginally the firmament of heaven is described in Genesis. It divided the waters, below it was earth, above it, heaven. Well, according to Genesis, the firmament IS heaven.

i know some things changed since the fall and then the flood.

Back