1. Hello Guest! You are browsing the forums as a guest; you will have limited permissions as a guest so we advise registering to enjoy the forums fully. Remember: we are a Christian ONLY site - any user who is not Christian will not be approved. Blessings, Christian Forum Site Staff
    Dismiss Notice

2016 Olympics

Discussion in 'Sports, Games and Health' started by HolyGround, Aug 7, 2016.

1. Is anyone watching it?
    I watched the London games as I am from England, however I have no interested in watching this years games.
    Is anyone feeling the same way?

To be honest, I find the Olympic games boring.

Melizza likes this.
  2. Wow I need to get out more, I did not even know it was Olympic time again.
    So to answer your question, no I guess I am not going to be watching.
    Blessings
    FCJ

Melizza likes this.
  3. I'm not even watching the news about it! :p

Melizza and Fish Catcher Jim say Amen and like this.
  4. I think for me it is a sin to watch the news. Lol......yikes

Melizza and loriT say Amen and like this.
  5. It hasn't been advertised that much; that is perhaps why you may not have realised the Olympic games are currently underway.

Fish Catcher Jim likes this.
  6. I don't either, however when I listen to the radio in my car in the morning, it is reported a great amount on there; I do listen to talk radio though.

Melizza and Fish Catcher Jim say Amen and like this.
  7. I been watching. Mostly swimming so far cuz I swam competitively for 18 yrs. I'm not fast any more but I'm still smooth hehehehehehehe

Melizza and HolyGround say Amen and like this.
  8. I think over the years it's become less interesting? I don't really keep up with it either, only when something spectacular happens e.g when our small country wins a medal lol.

Although this year, I've noticed there's alot more criminal activity going on - I wonder if it has to do with location? Thoughts?

9. I certainly think the location plays a part.
    Brazil is known for its gang crime and troublesome behavior; to be honest I was expecting something to happen.
    Brazil is also known for diseases - a British reporter is serious ill with a rare strain of malaria caught whilst there.

Melizza likes this.
  10. I
    I saw that on the news. Very sad.

And yes - there's of course the USA swim team apparently making up stories about getting robbed etc. Not pointing any fingers btw :)

HolyGround likes this.
  11. Hahaha :D.
    I believe during the diving event the pool turned green which was embarrassing for the organizers. :oops:

Melizza likes this.
  12. It's almost over

13. I know - to be honest I have barely noticed it has been on apart from the news reports. :)

14. The question is.....why did it turn green? :LOL:

15. True. :sick:

Melizza likes this.
  16. I love the Olympics. I watch them every time they are on - Winter & Summer. If I can't watch them, I record them. Go USA!!!!

Melizza and HolyGround say Amen and like this.
  17. Hello @TammyHenson and welcome to the forums! :)
    What are your favourite events?

Melizza likes this.
  18. They have definitely embarrassed the US with their entitled behavior. The world already looks at us like brats & now they back that opinion up. GRRRR

Melizza likes this.
  19. I only see it while i'm flipping channels, I try to avoid it as much as possible.
    Really I think if you wanted a fair competition then all the swimmers would have to weigh the same, have the same height
    and eat the same before the race and then it would be all mental toughness.
    The hype makes me sick: the hopes of the nation rides on you, we all felt your pain, the fastest person in history,
    yes the whole country is behind you,.....
    no we're not, I don't care if you come last.
    Its disgusting the way governments around the world convince their country to fork out billions of dollars for the games
    in the hope of tourism and building new stadiums and then paying them off for years.

Melizza likes this.
  20. Yes. And apparently the lower class citizens of Brazil have the sour end of the stick as none of the profits invested from these games will benefit them.