1. Hello Guest! You are browsing the forums as a guest; you will have limited permissions as a guest so we advise registering to enjoy the forums fully. Remember: we are a Christian ONLY site - any user who is not Christian will not be approved. Blessings, Christian Forum Site Staff
    Dismiss Notice

2008 Hurricane Season: Storm Names and Info

Discussion in 'Tropical Systems' started by Pastor Gary, Jan 21, 2008.

1. 2008 Hurricane Season: Storm Names and Info

The 2008 Tropical System name list has been made available and is posted below. We are 4 1/2 months away from the start of the 2008 Hurricane Season, and while that may seem like a long way off, we would suggest to everyone living in hurricane prone areas to get your evacuation kits in order and early event planning underway soon. While we will not make predictions concerning the numbers of possible storms or their intensity, there is a general weather pattern in place that may possibly see increased Atlantic, Caribbean and Gulf of Mexico storm activity this season. Precautionary information will be posted in this Tropical Systems area as the season draws near.

2008 Tropical Storm Names:

Arthur
    Bertha
    Cristobal
    Dolly
    Edouard
    Fay
    Gustav
    Hanna
    Ike
    Josephine
    Kyle
    Laura
    Marco
    Nana
    Omar
    Paloma
    Rene
    Sally
    Teddy
    Vicky
    Wilfred

2. I am so thankful I do not live in an area affected by Hurricanes!

I went on a mission trip to Slidell, Louisiana after Hurricane Katrina..
    How awful

Faithwoman

3. Tha nks for sharing!

Such devastation...

Faithwoman

4. There's been a lot of natural disasters lately... 2 volcanoes, earthquakes, tornados, etc

5. Just a second reminder concerning USA Hurricane Preparedness Week May 25 to May 31, 2008 >

National Hurricane Preparedness Week

Please be prepared and be safe !! After the estimated 75,000 lives lost in Burma recently from Tropical Cyclone ( same as a hurricane ) Nargis, we must all do our part in our own coastal areas to keep our families safe.

We currently have a Tropical Wave forming near THE AZORES off the western coast of Africa and will be watching this closely. (20 May 2008).

`