2 Cor 5:8 study

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, our spirits do not already have it. Why? Because the breath of life is not in us when we die.

Yes, our spirits have life and will never die. When we die it is because the spirit has vacated alive, and gone to be with Jesus (if one is saved)---to our true home.

It appears you cannot separate the body from the soul from the spirit.

Do you know why it is called " the resurrection of the dead"? (1 Cor 15:42)
The word "dead" means "corpse", which means "body". Is is not the resurrection of our spirits, but our body!!

But Man is not a spirit, rather we have a spirit. The only reason we have a spirit is because God gave us one as a gift. That gift is given back to us at the first resurrection.

But Man is not a spirit, rather we have a spirit. The only reason we have a spirit is because God gave us one as a gift. That gift is given back to us at the first resurrection.

Man is a spirit that has a soul and lives in a body. At the first resurrection the body is raised and changed, but the spirit is the same living spirit we have always had.

Yes, our spirits have life and will never die. When we die it is because the spirit has vacated alive, and gone to be with Jesus (if one is saved)---to our true home.

It appears you cannot separate the body from the soul from the spirit.

It has gone to be with Jesus to sleep.

Nowhere in scripture is that taught. You are discussing a topic that is banned here at CFS.

Job 14:12 NIV so he lies down and does not rise; till the heavens are no more, people will not awake or be roused from their sleep.
Psalm 13:3 NIV Look on me and answer, LORD my God. Give light to my eyes, or I will sleep in death,
Matt 9:23-24 NIV When Jesus entered the synagogue leader’s house and saw the noisy crowd and people playing pipes, 24he said, “Go away. The girl is not dead but asleep.” But they laughed at him.
Acts 7:54-60 NIV When the members of the Sanhedrin heard this, they were furious and gnashed their teeth at him. 55But Stephen, full of the Holy Spirit, looked up to heaven and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing at the right hand of God. 56“Look,” he said, “I see heaven open and the Son of Man standing at the right hand of God.” 57At this they covered their ears and, yelling at the top of their voices, they all rushed at him, 58dragged him out of the city and began to stone him. Meanwhile, the witnesses laid their coats at the feet of a young man named Saul. 59While they were stoning him, Stephen prayed, “Lord Jesus, receive my spirit.” 60Then he fell on his knees and cried out, “Lord, do not hold this sin against them.” When he had said this, he fell asleep.
1 Cor 15:50-54 NIV I declare to you, brothers and sisters, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God, nor does the perishable inherit the imperishable. 51Listen, I tell you a mystery: We will not all sleep, but we will all be changed— 52in a flash, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, the dead will be raised imperishable, and we will be changed. 53For the perishable must clothe itself with the imperishable, and the mortal with immortality. 54When the perishable has been clothed with the imperishable, and the mortal with immortality, then the saying that is written will come true: “Death has been swallowed up in victory.”
2 Cor 5:1-10 NIV For we know that if the earthly tent we live in is destroyed, we have a building from God, an eternal house in heaven, not built by human hands. 2Meanwhile we groan, longing to be clothed instead with our heavenly dwelling, 3because when we are clothed, we will not be found naked. 4For while we are in this tent, we groan and are burdened, because we do not wish to be unclothed but to be clothed instead with our heavenly dwelling, so that what is mortal may be swallowed up by life. 5Now the one who has fashioned us for this very purpose is God, who has given us the Spirit as a deposit, guaranteeing what is to come. 6Therefore we are always confident and know that as long as we are at home in the body we are away from the Lord. 7For we live by faith, not by sight. 8We are confident, I say, and would prefer to be away from the body and at home with the Lord. 9So we make it our goal to please him, whether we are at home in the body or away from it. 10For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, so that each of us may receive what is due us for the things done while in the body, whether good or bad.
1 Thess 4:14 NIV For we believe that Jesus died and rose again, and so we believe that God will bring with Jesus those who have fallen asleep in him.

Man is a spiritual being, not a physical being. What do you think became born again? Not his body. It is no longer "I" that lives, but Christ lives in me. Christ is now my new life. The outward body is passing away but the "inward man" the "hidden man of the heart" is being renewed day by day. This is not mans body.

Man is a spiritual being, not a physical being. What do you think became born again? Not his body. It is no longer "I" that lives, but Christ lives in me. Christ is now my new life. The outward body is passing away but the "inward man" the "hidden man of the heart" is being renewed day by day. This is not mans body.

No, man is not a spirit. Man has a spirit. Our spirit is a gift from God only. It is being renewed because of God's gift to us.

No, man is not a spirit. Man has a spirit. Our spirit is a gift from God only. It is being renewed because of God's gift to us.
Well, I can see scriptures are not going to convince you of anything. You are stuck on one scripture, but you have compare all of God's Words to get truth.

Are there people living in the Kingdom of God right now? Is the Kingdom of God a spiritual Kingdom? Can flesh and blood dwell in God's Kingdom?
How can people live there unless they are a spiritual being?

We are spiritual creatures, first and foremost, created in the image of God.

We are only spiritual creatures because God made us that way by breathing the breath of life into us.

Well, I can see scriptures are not going to convince you of anything. You are stuck on one scripture, but you have compare all of God's Words to get truth.

Oh there's more than one scripture, believe me.

The only reason we are alive now is because of the breath of life. When we die the breath of life is taken away.

1. God formed man from the dust
2. God breathed into his nostrils the breath of life
3. Only then did the man become a living being

Gen 2:7 NIV Then the LORD God formed a man from the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living being.

1. and the dust returns to the ground it came from
2. and the breath of life returns to God who gave it

Job 34:14-15 NIV If it were his intention and he withdrew his spirit and breath, 15all humanity would perish together and mankind would return to the dust.
Eccl 12:7 NIV and the dust returns to the ground it came from, and the spirit returns to God who gave it.

NIV and the dust returns to the ground it came from, and the spirit returns to God who gave it.

I already quoted this, but I guess you did not see it.

"he that is joined unto the Lord is one spirit" (1 Cor 6:17) Where do you think the Spirit of God goes when a persons physical body dies?

We are only spiritual creatures because God made us that way by breathing the breath of life into us.

The only reason we are alive now is because of the breath of life. When we die the breath of life is taken away.

Gen 2:7 NIV Then the LORD God formed a man from the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living being.

Job 34:14-15 NIV If it were his intention and he withdrew his spirit and breath, 15all humanity would perish together and mankind would return to the dust.
Eccl 12:7 NIV and the dust returns to the ground it came from, and the spirit returns to God who gave it.

Your focus is only on the flesh.

Are there people living in the Kingdom of God right now? Is the Kingdom of God a spiritual Kingdom? Can flesh and blood dwell in God's Kingdom?
How can people live there unless they are a spiritual being?

There is only one Kingdom, which resides in the third heaven right now. God sanctifies believers on earth through this Kingdom. John 4:13-14 NIV. When the Great White Throne is finished, this Kingdom will come down to the New Earth and will reside in Jerusalem. Rev 21:1-2.

John 4:13-14 NIV Jesus answered, “Everyone who drinks this water will be thirsty again, 14but whoever drinks the water I give them will never thirst. Indeed, the water I give them will become in them a spring of water welling up to eternal life.”

Rev 21:1-2 NIV Then I saw “a new heaven and a new earth,”a for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea. 2I saw the Holy City, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride beautifully dressed for her husband.

Is Jesus Christ right now a "spiritual being? Is a spiritual being sitting on the throne of God? So are we!!!

Eph 2:5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;)
Eph 2:6 And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:

Physical beings can not be sitting in Christ!!

I already quoted this, but I guess you did not see it.

"he that is joined unto the Lord is one spirit" (1 Cor 6:17) Where do you think the Spirit of God goes when a persons physical body dies?

It goes back to God who gave it Eccl 12:7. Notice it says who gave it, meaning that life is a gift from God. Without the breath of life we are dead.

Is Jesus Christ right now a "spiritual being? Is a spiritual being sitting on the throne of God? So are we!!!

Eph 2:5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;)
Eph 2:6 And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:

Physical beings can not be sitting in Christ!!

No, the whole body, spirit and soul of Jesus is sitting on His throne. HIS body was resurrected, our body will be resurrected at the first resurrection. Eph 2:6 is talking about heavenly realms in the Holy Spirit brother as we walk on this earth.

There is only one Kingdom, which resides in the third heaven right now. God sanctifies believers on earth through this Kingdom. John 4:13-14 NIV. When the Great White Throne is finished, this Kingdom will come down to the New Earth and will reside in Jerusalem. Rev 21:1-2.

John 4:13-14 NIV Jesus answered, “Everyone who drinks this water will be thirsty again, 14but whoever drinks the water I give them will never thirst. Indeed, the water I give them will become in them a spring of water welling up to eternal life.”

Rev 21:1-2 NIV Then I saw “a new heaven and a new earth,”a for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea. 2I saw the Holy City, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride beautifully dressed for her husband.

In your theology you will never be able to reconcile how a Christian can be sitting on the right hand of God in Christ in Heaven. Your theology will not allow you to get it right. This is beyond your understanding. We are talking about spiritual things and you are talking about physical things. The natural man can not receive the things of the Spirit of God for they are foolish to him, neither can he know them for they are spiritually understood.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back