12 tribes of Israel

um, don't know. I know Jewish people do disown their sons and daughters if they marry outside judaism or convert to christianity. Not that Jesus married outside but he did hang round ppl that weren't orthodox, ie. samaritans, sinners, tax collectors, prostitutes. Joseph may have thought him unconventional. It is odd not mentioned his death or passing at all...yet John the baptist was killed and Jesus was sad about that.

um. I didn't like chris tomlins song. I actually don't like it at all. It was interesting to hear it sung in hebrew, but the lyrics and the whole music is questionable. It is a very mixed up song, on one hand, boasting about God, on the other, not really clear on who God is. Its catchy though, but I don't buy it.

I was referring to the song our speaker sang that ministered to us she was singing about Jesus.

I firmly believe that as Joseph was in on God's plan from the beginning, he and Mary, while sometimes missing the cues Jesus was giving them as He was growing up, as confirmed by the story of Him at age twelve going missing from the caravan and found at the feet of the rabbis, teaching even them, would never had a harshness toward the son they both knew was the Saviour of the world.

God didn't see fit to mention Joseph's passing because He just plainly didn't. It's OK with me. The scriptures are about Jesus, and not meant to be a history book, although it does record important history for us, with reason for it.

About the song and the singer you are complaining about: you don't have to be ecstatic about any singer or any song, but you do need to have respect for a fellow believer and the way God ministers through him, and for the music that is produced through the Spirit of God for us to enjoy and worship God. I believe you are completely errant and overly critical about that song, by the way. There's no point to that. The lyrics point to the greatness of God--ONLY, and the music is faultless.

This is most excellent!

Last edited:
God doesn't need to be told how great he is, he does not wrap himself in light - he IS light and the devil is a lion prowls about seeking whom it might devour. Jesus is not a lion, he is a lamb.
I don't need a song that says 'sing with me' about how great God is. I already know the Lord God almighty creator of heaven and earth.

Also satan can disguise himself as an angel of light. so its a questionable song. I don't sing it anymore.

Yes, God loves to be told how great He is! That is what our praises are for! Psalms tell us that He inhabits the praises of His people (Psalm 22:3), and if you are not praising Him, then he isn't going to present Himself. I can say truthfully that I am always pleased to join my voice to those who are worshiping the one true God! You are choosing to miss out on major blessings, but that is up to you.

There is NOTHING questionable about the song.

Can you not discern the poetry in a lyric? God is Spirit, and His presence in heaven is a great light, yet we can imagine (imagination led by the Spirit of God is amazing!) that He is enveloped in it. Why do you pick apart an artist's concept? God gifts people with abilities, and artists use theirs in song, dance, poetry and art to express what the Spirit speaks to them and they share it with the world. It is not fitting for us as believers to dismiss such gifted people as you are doing.Perhaps you harbour a fear of some kind, that you would dismiss certain music and artists for fear they may be serving Satan or something. That is fear, Lanolin.

Jesus is the lion of Judah, and he devil is a very poor imitator,/facsimile, trying to usurp the position of Jesus Christ. Can you not see that? As the prowling hungering lion, he wants to destroy, but Jesus is King and is throne-worthy!

Ah, but we digress, don't we?

Last edited:
Back