1 Kings 2:32-33

1 Kings 2:32-33 King James Version (KJV)
32 And the Lord shall return his blood upon his own head, who fell upon two men more righteous and better than he, and slew them with the sword, my father David not knowing thereof, to wit, Abner the son of Ner, captain of the host of Israel, and Amasa the son of Jether, captain of the host of Judah.
33 Their blood shall therefore return upon the head of Joab, and upon the head of his seed for ever: but upon David, and upon his seed, and upon his house, and upon his throne, shall there be peace for ever from the Lord.

Easy English Bible
v32
The *LORD will *punish him because of the blood that he poured out. He attacked two men and he killed them with his *sword. My father David did not know about this. Both men were better and more honest than Joab was. (These were the two men:)
· Abner, the son of Ner. He was the leader of Israel’s army.
· Amasa, the son of Jether. He was the leader of Judah’s army.
v33 So Joab and his children and their children will always have troubles because they killed those men. But David’s children, their children and his *throne will always be in *peace with (help from) the *LORD.’
© 1997-2008, Wycliffe Associates (UK)

These are my thoughts, please share yours.

32 God was allowing this to be done God had already said that this family would go away and there was a just caused for him to die multiple. God is just and because he was one of God’s people he had mercy but he chose to not take God’s mercy but continue to do wrong. Abner was Saul’s uncle David did not him did but was going to show him mercy.

33 Joab was going to die as a result Eli’s line of priesthood would come to an end. Joab did not have any children but David line will be forever because it goes thru our Lord Jesus Christ.

Back