“SPRINKLED FROM AN EVIL CONSCIENCE:” HEB 10:22 –Bob Hall (Netchaplain)

We can never use our condition, regardless of how good and pure it may seem to us at times, as a reference for God to determine our position in Him. We must use what He uses to determine our status with Him and that is His Son, our Lord (Col 3:3).

It has been well said that “when we are disappointed, we have trusted in ourselves and not God, for God never disappoints.” The same occurs when we base our position in what we do or do not do, instead of remembering Jesus’s propitiation for us (1Jhn 2:2). Only what saves us can keep us saved, so since we didn’t save ourselves, we cannot keep ourselves saved. “Are ye so foolish? Having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh? (Gal 3:3).”

As the Father is training us to grow in our Lord’s image, we experience at times, seemingly interrupted fellowship with Him. I believe our unity with Him in fellowship is unbreakable as our salvation (1Jhn 1:3; Rom 8:35, 39, 39; Jhn 10:29), so these seemingly times of interruption with God are our own concept when we allow for a guilty conscience, regardless the reason. When we do wrong, we should realize it is part of our learning so mistakenly we falsely accuse ourselves, because God never accuses us but chastises us (Hbr 12:6). Remember, there is only one “accuser of the brethren” (Rev 12:10).

“Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience. . .” (Hbr 10:22).

“For if the blood of bulls and of goats, and the ashes of a heifer sprinkling the unclean, sanctifies to the purifying of the flesh: How much more shall the (sprinkling of) blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience. . .” (Hbr 9:13, 14:
italics mine).

“But ye are come unto. . . Jesus the mediator of the new covenant and to the blood of (His) sprinkling. . .” (Hbr 12:24: italics mine)

Remember, regardless of how much we are accused of guilt, even from within our old nature, it’s always a false accusation because since God doesn’t accuse us, we’re always guilt-free! “For if our heart condemns us, God is greater than our heart, and knows all things” (1Jo 3:20).

Hid With Christ<>< (Col 3:3)

Back