1. Hello Guest! You are browsing the forums as a guest; you will have limited permissions as a guest so we advise registering to enjoy the forums fully. Remember: we are a Christian ONLY site - any user who is not Christian will not be approved. Blessings, Christian Forum Site Staff
    Dismiss Notice

“Hallow the Fiftieth Year”: Sanhedrin Declares Year of the Jubilee

Discussion in 'Events' started by Abdicate, Jul 13, 2016.

1. Very interesting!

So what does this mean? Nothing right now, at least to them. In order to celebrate a Jubilee, there are certain conditions that must be met, they declared them met, and so the counting starts, but to do that, there must be a declaration, so they declared that this year, 5776 (2015-2016) is the year of Jubilee. Now they can start counting to 50. Biblically they should of done this last 10 Tishri, but, it's a start.
  2. Glory to God! This lines up with what the Holy Spirit declared through my pastor in January for this year. And the reson for the shemita last September :)
    I receive God's full restoration in our life :)
    Abdicate likes this.
  3. They Jews may not care, but I believe God does. Everything we said might happen last September, I didn't realize that the year of Jubilee is also a shmita. We'll see what/if anything happens by Oct 3, 2016, that's 1 Tishri 5777.
  4. I fully agree that He does. One of the pastors that we listen to was saying that God cared so much for the sabotth year's rest for the land that that is the reason for the 70 year exile in Babylon. God says that He watches over His Word to perform it, and none of His Word returns unto Him void. And if He cares for the little things like wildflowers and the hairs on our head....He certainly cares for us. It's all about grace. Especially when we come to Him with childlike faith, trusting Him to always keep His Word.

Jim and I watched about 4 hrs of Rabbi Jonathan Khan, and I believe he is the one that said it was a shmita. Learned some very good things during those episodes :) it was really interesting.

Abdicate likes this.