“Exhort One Another” (Heb 10:25)

Yes, it’s another article on Bible translations! I believe the issue of false Bibles is important enough to continue plugging at the problem. The Word established our Faith and salvation; and it’s the Word that causes the believer to grow “in the unity of the faith” (Eph 4:13).

It’s my opinion that the negative implications concerning the use of spurious manuscripts will continue to have a growth-degenerating impact on the body of Christ—the Church! I believe the problems they produce will reach unto the final advent of the Lord Jesus, at which time He will bring everyone up on all truth. Meanwhile, there will be little spiritual growth for the majority of believers, which will establish a low-ebb atmosphere of encouragement for many saints.

Instead of being spiritually “exhorted,” they will find themselves wondering about for encouragement. It’s only through the Word of God that lasting encouragement will endure; for it’s the Word that established our faith and salvation, and it’s the Word which produces spiritual growth for the often- needed encouragement!

The detracted versions are much like animal poison. Like ten percent arsenic and ninety percent corn meal, they contain little enough error so as to go unnoticed among the majority of truth; and any error mixed with truth detracts from the impetus of the Word. It must be “every Word of God” (Luk 4:4), not the Word of God minus such and such. Oh yes, “a little leaven leaveneth the whole lump” (1Co 5:6; Gal 5:9). Not that any truth included can be rendered ineffective within itself, but the admixture diminishes its intended impact, resulting in less spiritual growth in Christ (Heb 10:25)!

One is not as encouraged when reading the Word if a doctrine of truth is not upheld; and that, at every possible opportunity. When Scripture wants to lift one up by a certain teaching or doctrine, it results in encouragement. For example, to know the omnipresence of Christ is an interesting and uplifting doctrine, which should be stated at every possible point. John 3:13 is one example of Christ’s deity concerning omnipresence. It states, “No man hath ascended up to heaven, but He that came down from heaven, even the Son of Man which is in heaven.” Here the Lord Jesus is declaring His Deity by informing us that He is in heaven while He is on the earth! The modern translations cease at “Son of Man,” and omit “who is in heaven,” which detracts from the encouragement of manifesting that Christ is omnipresent.

Another problem is where Scripture also declares the omnipresence of the Holy Spirit. 1John 5:7 writes, “For there are three that bear witness in heaven: the Father, the Word, and the Holy Spirit; and these three are one.” The modern translations write, “For there are three that testify,” and they do not include the heavenly testimony, which is supposed to be “the Father, the Word, and the Holy Spirit; and these three are one.” The intention of verses 7 and 8 are to declare that there are two witnesses, one in heaven and one on the earth; but omitting the Trinity not only detracts from the Word (Rev 22:18), but also misses the encouragement of knowing the omnipresence of the Spirit being on earth while in heaven!

If one were to take these problems, and multiply them multifold, as there are numerous passages the modern translation omitted or altered, you arrive at a translation that is briefed! This significantly downgrades the encouragement, and the reader is shorted of much exhortation that is present in the Traditional Texts.

The manuscripts used for the modern translations are only few in comparison to most extant manuscript copies. These highly questionable manuscript copies are primarily the Vaticanus, Sinaiticaus and Alaxandrinus Codices. Those used for the Traditional translations involve “a great cloud of witnesses,” “containing 4,489 manuscripts: 170 papyrus fragments from the 2nd century to the 7th; 212 are uncial (capital letter) manuscripts from the 4th century to the 10th; 2,429 are miniscule (small letter) manuscripts from the 9th to the 16th century; and 1,678 are lectionaries (lesson books for public reading containing extracts from the New Testament.” –“Which Bible,” David Otis Fuller, D.D., page 89

It was many centuries prior to the Protestant Reformation that the Byzantine Text was used for the entire Greek Church; and for more than 300 years following the Reformation it is the text which most Protestants still use. The Critical or Alexandrian Text (not used with the Majority Text) was abandoned and fell into disuse in 450 A.D. Thus this text source (Vaticanus, Sinaiticus, Alexandrinus) was rejected by early scribes for 1500 years, until the middle of the 1800’s when they were discovered. So the early Church rejected the manuscripts which the modern critics took up; and this time plunging many into confusion—as the early corrupters had planned but could not accomplish. All modern translations (except NKJV and a couple like it) use the same corrupt source of ancient manuscript copies, thus all have the same omissions and alterations.
NC

I have NEVER EVER heard of a false bible. That is disturbing to me.
Which bibles are you referring to as being FALSE? I know there are a great many translations.
I have an amplified bible.

I think the chances of finding FALSE TEACHING is way more prevalent than a false bible. WOW.

Which bibles are you referring to as being FALSE? I know there are a great many translations.

I think the chances of finding FALSE TEACHING is way more prevalent than a false bible. WOW.
Most of the allegations against modern translations are themselves false. I'm quite familiar with the manipulative deception techniques employed by a certain group of people who claim a certain translation is divinely inspired, and, thus because of its age and distribution record should be the only version valid for Christians to use.

Most of the allegations against modern translations are themselves false. I'm quite familiar with the manipulative deception techniques employed by a certain group of people who claim a certain translation is divinely inspired, and, thus because of its age and distribution record should be the only version valid for Christians to use.
King James ONLY... I have heard of this YES. Anyways... this was disturbing to me.

You're right, there is no error in the Word itself, but there must be all the Word included (Mat 4:4) which the modern translations do not provide. They only have part of the Word and omit a great deal of Scripture; and a lot of the reading they do have in them is mixed with error, or false teachings. But since many have not read enough of the Traditional translations, they don't realize what Word they are missing.

You're right, there is no error in the Word itself, but there must be all the Word included (Mat 4:4) which the modern translations do not provide. They only have part of the Word and omit a great deal of Scripture; and a lot of the reading they do have in them is mixed with error, or false teachings. But since many have not read enough of the Traditional translations, they don't realize what Word they are missing.
If Christ is the Word... then would HE not teach the one who is reading the bible.... no matter what the translation?...The false teachings of which you speak are NOT the fault of the translations but rather that of those who CLAIM to be teachers and teach wrong theology.

Anyways... just my little thoughts. I don't go down these rabbit holes. I believe that the modern day translations are for all to enjoy and study. It's not a few thee's and thou's that will side-track a believer.

Can you give me a list of what you are calling modern translations please?

Never mind.... I looked it up.

Last edited:
I do NOT see anything in the modern translation of the Amplified bible that would mislead a believer in any way... shape or form.
I love the Amplified version because of it's descriptive language.
Anyways... I guess we will agree to disagree on this topic.

King James Bible published in 1611

Hebrews 10:19-25

19 Having therefore, brethren, boldness to enter into the holiest by the blood of Jesus,

20 By a new and living way, which he hath consecrated for us, through the veil, that is to say, his flesh;

21 And having an high priest over the house of God;

22 Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience, and our bodies washed with pure water.

23 Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised;)

24 And let us consider one another to provoke unto love and to good works:

25 Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.

Amplified Bible published in 1965

Hebrews 10:19-25

19 Therefore, [c]believers, since we have confidence and full freedom to enter the Holy Place [the place where God dwells] by [means of] the blood of Jesus,

20 by this new and living way which He initiated and opened for us through the veil [as in the Holy of Holies], that is, through His flesh,

21 and since we have a great and wonderful Priest [Who rules] over the house of God,

22 let us approach [God] with a true and sincere heart in unqualified assurance of faith, having had our hearts sprinkled clean from an evil conscience and our bodies washed with pure water.

23 Let us seize and hold tightly the confession of our hope without wavering, for He who promised is reliable and trustworthy and faithful [to His word];

24 and let us consider [thoughtfully] how we may encourage one another to love and to do good deeds,

25 not forsaking our meeting together [as believers for worship and instruction], as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another; and all the more [faithfully] as you see the day [of Christ’s return] approaching.

I do NOT see anything in the modern translation of the Amplified bible that would mislead a believer in any way... shape or form.
I love the Amplified version because of it's descriptive language.
I believe it's not a significant issue if you want to check with other translations. Pretty much all modern translations use the same corrupted manuscripts, so they all have the same omissions and alterations. To check the translation, there are only two passages you need to see. 2Sam 21:19, and 1Jn 5:7.

In the prior, it says "Elhanan killed Goliath." It's suppose to say Elhanan killed the brother of Goliath.

In the latter passage, the modern translations omit the phrase, "For there are three that bear witness in heaven: the Father, the Word, and the Holy Spirit; and these three are one."

If either of these problems exist, the translation is in error. If not having the entire Word of God is insignificant to you, the missing and altered passages are not an issue with you (but it should be a grave issue with all Christians - Mat 4:4).

There are many omissions of words and sentences in all the modern translations (except the NKJV).

You can see more of what I'm discussing by going to "List of Totally and Partially Omitted Passages in the Modern Translations."

God bless!

If either of these problems exist, the translation is in error. If not having the entire Word of God is insignificant to you, the missing and altered passages are not an issue with you (but it should be a grave issue with all Christians).

I think from here on in... I will stay away from these types of observations and negative topics.
I do NOT at all agree with your assessment of things.... which is fine. GOD BLESS YOU netchaplain.

I think from here on in... I will stay away from these types of observations and negative topics.
I do NOT at all agree with your assessment of things.... which is fine. GOD BLESS YOU netchaplain.
God bless you too Friend! There is just a lot of believers that will go unaware of the translation problem. It's something the Satan began long ago by stating "Yea, hath God said" (Gen 3:1), by causing believers to avoid the Word by confusing them with these translations. It detracts the drive for reading and studying the Word when you don't know what version to use.

Yes, it's ok for us to agree to disagree as you said!

I do NOT see anything in the modern translation of the Amplified bible that would mislead a believer in any way... shape or form. I love the Amplified version because of it's descriptive language. Anyways... I guess we will agree to disagree on this topic.
I think from here on in... I will stay away from these types of observations and negative topics. I do NOT at all agree with your assessment of things.... which is fine. GOD BLESS YOU netchaplain.
God bless you too Friend! There is just a lot of believers that will go unaware of the translation problem. It's something the Satan began long ago by stating "Yea, hath God said" (Gen 3:1), by causing believers to avoid the Word by confusing them with these translations. It detracts the drive for reading and studying the Word when you don't know what version to use. Yes, it's ok for us to agree to disagree as you said!

Hello In Awe of Him;

Since early this morning my wife and I had been watching Banned From The Bible on the History channel and there were so many findings of the Bible that I never heard of and many that didn't get included. It blew us away. Are they true? Are they false? Are they philosophical or mythical?

You have mentioned before that you read the Amplified Bible. The first Bible given to me was the Amplified. It was signed as a gift by a great friend who encouraged me at a men's retreat years before I became a pastor. It took me 8 years to read from front to back. At Bible studies we would take turns reading a verse from Scripture and when it was my turn everyone got lost because I was reading from the Amplified. lol! At the end of the 8 years I announced at Bible studies that I finished the Amplified. They all laughed and clapped their hands. This equates to Happiness.

As netchaplain shared there will be some translations that have been omitted, altared, or rephrased. These Books were published through contributions by ministers, scholars and theologian servants that God anointed. A translation that is grossly misquoted with extreme typos would not be accepted for publishing.

Regardless, no matter how much research was done before publication the translations would reveal typo errors, alterations, or rephrases. Then when it's published the experts come in and argue a specific translation is demonized. I don't have the explanation or solution to the "perfect" Bible or the publishers who produce them. This will most likely go on for years.

I do know that God will take one of the acceptable translations that you are led to study whether the Amplified, KJV, ESV, NIV, RSV, and He will rise above those errors allowing Him to speak to you while guiding you in your Christian walk daily. God sees your commitment and will lead you to ask questions to a seasoned Bible teacher or Pastor. It's always good to attend a group study if you are able with 2 or more. If you're inclined to read the Bible on your own, that's fine. Hopefully one day you will consider group study.

We must remember that God allows us to put aside the "academic discipline" and make more time to get together. In Hebrews 10:25 Jesus joins us to spread our love and good servanthood to others. Those who are shut down cannot feel the love unless they are with community becomes a wonderful opportunity, e.g. Christian Forum Site.
This comes from the teaching you receive from studying the Good Book.

God bless you, In Awe of Him.

I hope you did not take my comments as being DISRESPECTFUL because that is not what I'm about... I really had never heard of a false bible. The term caught me off guard. I don't claim to be right about things... I just have opinions... HA.

No, sister;

Thank you for your honesty. It's all good in our fellowship, so no worries. netchaplain is a seasoned minister with a gentle spirit and shepherd's heart. Praise God.

He and I may not always agree so I'll respectfully go back to Scripture and point out my error or his correct teaching.

The whole staff monitors these kinds of threads and if anyone is compromising the forum rules we'll address them in a pm.

God bless you, sister and thank you for sharing in this topic

B😎B 👍

No, sister;

Thank you for your honesty. It's all good in our fellowship, so no worries. netchaplain is a seasoned minister with a gentle spirit and shepherd's heart. Praise God.

He and I may not always agree so I'll respectfully go back to Scripture and point out my error or his correct teaching.

The whole staff monitors these kinds of threads and if anyone is compromising the forum rules we'll address them in a pm.

God bless you, sister and thank you for sharing in this topic

B😎B 👍
Thanks for that Bob... I felt badly because this is the second thread I have responded to that I seem to disagree with netchaplain. He has indeed been very sweet ( gentle spirit ). I am naive in so many of these "Christian arguments"... because I have not truly been churched much... the study I have done on doctrine has been my own study... so I don't even know what are some of the Christian debate issues.

Anyways... thanks for interjecting here... I was a bit concerned I was going to get in trouble.. HA. Anyways... all good.

You have mentioned before that you read the Amplified Bible. The first Bible given to me was the Amplified. It was signed as a gift by a great friend who encouraged me at a men's retreat years before I became a pastor. It took me 8 years to read from front to back. At Bible studies we would take turns reading a verse from Scripture and when it was my turn everyone got lost because I was reading from the Amplified. lol! At the end of the 8 years I announced at Bible studies that I finished the Amplified. They all laughed and clapped their hands. This equates to Happiness.
That is a funny story Bob... I like the English language... and I love adjectives... so the Amplified does that... but to be honest.. my favorite bible is NKJV... I'm not sure what the difference is between the King James and the New King James. I think it has a bit less of the formal english.

Anyways.... netchaplain ... Thank you for allowing little old me to come and disagree with you. HA. I have cookies... I will share them with you.

I hope you did not take my comments as being DISRESPECTFUL because that is not what I'm about... I really had never heard of a false bible. The term caught me off guard. I don't claim to be right about things... I just have opinions... HA.
I've seen nothing disrespectful from you, and it's easy to see you are a sincere believer. It's the love we have for one another that God uses to teach us His Word!

God bless!

Back